EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have recently purchased a 2009 Buick Enclave CXL that has a dual DVD player in the driver and passenger side headrest. I put in a DVD to the passenger side and it showed up properly on the passenger headrest, but it only showed up partially...it's like I need to move the picture to the left so it shows up completely as it stands I only see about 1/4 of the actual picture.

Is there a way to adjust this so I can see the movie on both screens?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Right....not OEM.....unfortunately most of us cannot really help. Good luck though.

·
Registered
795 Posts
TSS said:
Right....not OEM.....unfortunately most of us cannot really help. Good luck though.
Wrong,
It could very well be OEM. I am looking at page 28 of the 2009 Buick Enclave Sales brochure and it shows a Dual Player Hearest DVD System as an option. As for the original posters issue, I would stop by best buy and talk to one of there techs before taking it to GM.

·
Registered
592 Posts
There was a post before mine that was removed saying it was not a FACTORY OEM option so we might not be able to help. That is what I was agreeing with.

You are right though that It was a dealer accessory that could be installed after delivery....by the dealer. See below.

http://www.auto-brochures.com/buick.html

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
gostate said:
Wrong,
It could very well be OEM. I am looking at page 28 of the 2009 Buick Enclave Sales brochure and it shows a Dual Player Hearest DVD System as an option. As for the original posters issue, I would stop by best buy and talk to one of there techs before taking it to GM.
I believe that option was a dealer installed item only. They didn't come from the factory with it. I agree with checking with a store such as Best Buy, Frys, or a similar type automotive audio store.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I put up the 1st reply here b4 TSS, which I removed - didn't like the wording and didn't edit it - to not thinking this was not OEM. TSS agrees. I suggest looking at the units and finding out the make and model to Google it for any info. I just didn't think that headrest screens were offered on 09's as OEM. If it was, I stand corrected. And I thank gostate cor.pointing that out. I hope.the OP gets a suitable answer.

·
Registered
795 Posts
ls973800 said:
I believe that option was a dealer installed item only. They didn't come from the factory with it. I agree with checking with a store such as Best Buy, Frys, or a similar type automotive audio store.
Just clarifying, yes the dual monitor headrests were a Dealer Installed Option and did not come from the factory (GM didn't do large volumes of these and didn't want to take the time in the factory to install them if it was 1 or every 200 units that went down the line), but they do have a GM Part number and are warranted by GM on the bumper to bumper warranty and the option does show up on the dealer invoice and window sticker, so with that being said I would consider it to be a OEM option. For the record, I think they are huge waste of money and I ended up saving a couple thousand and bought a pair of phillips dual screens that hang on the back of the head rests and then I took the backs off the seats and hid the wires.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Got it. Thanks for the clarification, gostate. :thumb:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Dollars to donuts these headrest units were made by Invision. Invision does a lot of aftermarket, dealer installed head rest units. My '12 Expedition has them and are dual players in that each headrest can play a separate dvd or one can become a master with the other one a monitor so you can play one dvd on each headrest unit. Does your remote look something like this?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
rexster
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing