EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for removing light dust that accumulates on exterior surfaces between washings? Color is Crystal Red Tintcoat.
Just bought this '14 Enclave and want to keep fine scratches to a minimum.

·
Registered
448 Posts
My Tri-coat White doesn't show dust too bad, but I do hit it with Turtle Wax Ice detailing spray regularly. Pretty tough clear coat on my 09. I am relentless against bugs and bird crap more than the dust though............... Just use a soft towel, spray and all good. It's the wife's DD, so I cover the less used cars when they are laid up and clean in the garage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JerseyDevil,

Thanks for that. Have an old one in the garage somewhere. Will give it a go.

silverettes,

White was my first choice of colors for the reasons you cite but wife is vehemently opposed to white vehicles.....so I ended up with red.

·
Registered
127 Posts
silvervettes said:
My Tri-coat White doesn't show dust too bad, but I do hit it with Turtle Wax Ice detailing spray regularly. Pretty tough clear coat on my 09. I am relentless against bugs and bird crap more than the dust though............... Just use a soft towel, spray and all good. It's the wife's DD, so I cover the less used cars when they are laid up and clean in the garage.
what is the current mileage of your 09? Thanks.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I've had a couple of California Dusters over the years. They work fairly well when you just make light passes over the car body. Any kind of pressure will result in waxy streaks from the embedded stuff they use. We're having a lot of pollen in the air here locally, and there's no way my duster will pick up all that crap.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
ATJoe70 said:
Any suggestions for removing light dust that accumulates on exterior surfaces between washings? Color is Crystal Red Tintcoat.
I too have had good luck with the California Duster over the years on dark colors (meaning navy and black, don't need it so much on light colors). Just use it as directed (and as rexster stated) without any more pressure than necessary; in other words, just let the fibers do the work they're designed to do.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'll recommend the California duster as well, Does wonders on my Cyber Grey Metallic. Do you guys ever wash your duster. I have never washed mine because they seem to work better the older they get..they pick up wax and oils and seems like they pick the dust up better than a brand new or washed one. Could just be me ;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
The California Duster is a good product. Too keep the fine scratches out don't use towels to dry. Use an absorber. The towels are most of the problem when it come to scratches. I use only 100 percent cotton towels when i polish my cars that i buy just for my cars.

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
California Duster all the time. But, I drive thru cloth wash my "Cherry-Ot" almost every other day. I wax it every other month.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Touchless only car wash for me. Anything else will scratch. If I don't know what it is it will not touch the paint.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts