EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for those with the DVD/headphones.
We also purchased a 2nd set from EBAY.

So, I was trying to figure out how they work. I've got the batteries in the remote and the batteries in the headphones too.
How do I get the sound to come out of the headphone?
This is probably something so easy. :help:

I need to have this set up soon so the kids can listen to the DVD and I can enjoy my XM!!!

G

·
they are two channel, make sure their on the right channel, also if your radio is on dvd as a source the head phones dont work enless you turn on the rear seat radio, but if you do go to xm or some other source, just make sure the head phones are on the right channel, HTH

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yeh, check the channel. My kid always knocks it by accident and then can't hear anything.

Also check you're in sight of the IR thingy when you're testing them, they won't work in the driver or front passenger seat for example.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We were on our way to school this morning and there was a lot of excitement in the new truck!
I will check when I go back out and see if the rear radio was on or not. Probably not.
Thanks Thunder!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
butterscotch said:
Yeh, check the channel. My kid always knocks it by accident and then can't hear anything.

Also check you're in sight of the IR thingy when you're testing them, they won't work in the driver or front passenger seat for example.
HaHa! Yes, I was in the front seat finagling with the headphones and putting them up to my ears, etc... not working!! No wonder why! ::)
Thanks for that tip!

·
Registered
222 Posts
That's funny. I did the same thing - had the head phones up front trying to get them to tune into Radio Disney for my daughter. Held them toward the back just for curiousity and sure enough they came on.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, was in the backseat for a half hour figuring these darn headphones out!
I got the sound of the DVD through the headphones fine..but, can't figure out how to get the front radio to listen to another channel.
What am I doing wrong?? :-[

G

·
that i cant help you, i have experence with a nav system and its alot easier on the nav system than just the radio, on the nav you just touch the screen in coraspondence (sp) to the source you want, not sure about the regular radio.

·
Registered
116 Posts
4kids said:
I got the sound of the DVD through the headphones fine..but, can't figure out how to get the front radio to listen to another channel.
You just choose your audio source. When your kids are sorted in the back with their DVD and headphones, just go back to the front and press "Audio" and choose "XM" (or whatever you want) and that will come on the main speakers. Your kids will still hear their DVD fine :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will try that when I go back out, AGAIN!
I dropped off my 3 year old at preschool and only had my one year old.
Lucky for me she doesn't care what she watches or listens to.
When I pick up the other kids, they will expect me to have figured it out.
I will look for that "Audio" option! Thank you again!

·
Registered
612 Posts
4kids said:
Manual for 2007 Acadia on this subject:

Rear Seat Audio (RSA)

This feature allows rear seat passengers to listen to and control any of the music sources: radio, CDs, DVDs, or other auxiliary sources. However, the rear seat passengers can only control the music sources the front seat passengers are not listening to (except on some radios where dual control is allowed). For example, rear seat passengers can listen to and control a CD through the headphones, while the driver listens to the radio through the front speakers. The rear seat passengers have control of the volume for each set of headphones. You can operate the RSA functions even when the main radio is off.

Audio can be heard through wired headphones (not included) plugged into the jacks on the RSA.
If your vehicle has this feature, audio can also be heard on Channel 2 of the wireless headphones. The audio system mutes the rear speakers when the RSA audio is active through the headphones.[/color]

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was ready to throw that radio out the window just now!
I' was trying to ask my kids questions from the front seat and nobody could hear me because they all had the headphones on. :banghead:
I think I finally figured it out. I couldn't find an "audio" button though. The kids could hear their movie fine but I had to listen to it all day long!! Then, right before I was going to give up, my son hit the "BAND" button...and yes, it worked!! They could hear the DVD and I could hear the radio. THen, I had to shut it off and go inside.

Wouldn't it figure! It's the first day in my Enclave and it is raining out!!! :banghead:

·
Registered
743 Posts
4kids said:
I' was trying to ask my kids questions from the front seat and nobody could hear me because they all had the headphones on. :banghead:
I think I finally figured it out. I couldn't find an "audio" button though. The kids could hear their movie fine but I had to listen to it all day long!! Then, right before I was going to give up, my son hit the "BAND" button...and yes, it worked!! They could hear the DVD and I could hear the radio. THen, I had to shut it off and go inside.

Wouldn't it figure! It's the first day in my Enclave and it is raining out!!! :banghead:

[/quote
It hadn't Rained for quire awhile here, so my Enclave finally came in and I picked it up the next day. As soon as I pulled out onto the Main Hiway, It really poured down. I went back today and got a complimentary Car Wash. That was nice since we're under a strict Water Restriction. ( No Watering and no Car Wash ) You might also try the same.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rocketman said:
4kids said:

[/quote
It hadn't Rained for quire awhile here, so my Enclave finally came in and I picked it up the next day. As soon as I pulled out onto the Main Hiway, It really poured down. I went back today and got a complimentary Car Wash. That was nice since we're under a strict Water Restriction. ( No Watering and no Car Wash ) You might also try the same.
That is interesting. You took it back to the dealer to be cleaned, right?

·
Registered
743 Posts
4kids said:
That is interesting. You took it back to the dealer to be cleaned, right?
Yes I did. I told them that I was going to bring it back for a complimentary car wash, and they said it was ok...So, I took it back and about 35 minutes later, I was driving out. (Two days later of course )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts