EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out a way to continue playing the DVD movie on the NAV screen once the car is in gear? I know that it is a saftey issue, but the wife is getting sick of trying to look around into the back to see where the DVD is at and which buttons she needs to push to keep the kids quiet!
Thanks.
Brandon

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Installing an aftermarket module made by lockpick (coastal tech) will do it for you. So a search on the home page, there is a ton of info on this.

·
Registered
469 Posts
The lockpick also allows you to enter NAV destinations while in motion(addresses). Also, a safety issue, but if your wife is doing it, then not so much. The installation is pretty straight forward. Use Bosox suggestion and do a search from the home screen. There is a lot of info and also pictures.

RCH

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to have to call them. It is hard to figure out which one I would need/want.

·
Registered
469 Posts
bdex75 said:
I am going to have to call them. It is hard to figure out which one I would need/want.
I was going for the GMX322 but have changed my mind to the GEN 5 instead. I really won't be using the extra features on the 322. I have entertainment package #4 so I have rear video inputs and I won't be putting on extra cameras for the front etc. And the Gen 5 is $100 cheaper. That will almost cover the PAL for the ipod/iphone.

RCH

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sorry to hijack but...

Is there a way to use front Nav screen to manipulate DVD menus? I end up replaying same Einsteins episodes for the kids on multi-episode DVDs because I can figure out how to move to next menu item on the DVD from the front Nav display.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Jake_99 said:
Sorry to hijack but...

Is there a way to use front Nav screen to manipulate DVD menus? I end up replaying same Einsteins episodes for the kids on multi-episode DVDs because I can figure out how to move to next menu item on the DVD from the front Nav display.
I'm not sure. I don't have a DVD with multiple episodes. I have been playing regular DVD and most of the menu items for it are on the main NAV screen. Not sure what you are suppose to see on a multiple episode DVD. Since I have a 2009 and have the rear video inputs, I have connected an iphone/ipod to them and then control through the ipod multiple movies that reside on the iphone/ipod. That is pretty seamless and easy. You just have to buy the proper cable for the iphone/ipod. You can use those video inputs for a lot of other things too. I also connected a digital TV conversion box and hooked it to an antenna and was able to get 19 digital TV stations on the display. That works great if you are sitting still and want to see something on TV and are just killing time sitting.

RCH

·
Registered
1 Posts
Without having to get an aftermarket adapter(cant find a lockpick on Coastal techs website for my 2011 Buick enclave). Does anyone know which wire goes to drive to disconnect, DVD works while parked then shuts off in drive, i know this wire needs to be grounded to display DVDs while driving in motion, yes i know its a safety feature, which doesn't really matter since i can go to youtube and play videos while driving or surf the net. (kills me).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts