EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A DVD is stuck in my DVD player. When you press the eject button, the NAV screen shows it is trying to eject but it does nothing. You dont hear any mechinical sounds of disk ejection either. It just gives up and acts as if a new dvd is inserted and starts reading it. Is there a way to manually eject the dvd like a dvd player on a computer?

I hope I dont have to take it to the dealer.

Ajay.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Don't know if this will work, but worth a try:
Turn off the DVD, then hold the eject button at the same time you turn on the DVD

·
Registered
405 Posts
The manual also says to hold the eject button for more than 5 seconds if a disc gets stuck.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Let us know if you get it out and how. I think Enclave's suggestion is your best bet.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I don't have the DVD player in my Enclave, but look for the manual eject hole on the face of the player. Most optical drives have one. It's just big enough to fit the end of a straightened paper clip into, and that is what you do.

One tip, don't ever use optical media with glued on paper labels in any optical drive, you're just asking for a problem. Also. occasionally you'll get a warped disc, and that will hang up in a drive. I use a pair of surgical forceps to pull them out. Good luck!

Addendum: I just checked my Enclave's CD player and it doesn't have the manual eject hole, sorry. :-[

·
Registered
184 Posts
We don't have the nav. But, I had this problem happen to me a few weeks ago with my daughters Hannah Montana CD! I forget what I did but I was in panic mode and pressed every button-including turning it on and off...it did finally pop out and I haven't had a problem. I hope your does the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts