EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Easy Exit diver seat is neat but, when I click the remote key fob to unlock the doors and enter the 'clave, the seat (and mirrors) move to the position I've programmed. Is there any way to have the driver's seat remain in the Easy Exit position until I put the key in the ignition?
All right, it's a niggling problem but hey, when you're close to perfection you want perfection! ;D

Jay

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Jay

I just tried it, so far as I can tell right now, you can use the KEY to unlock the door then get in and actually press the

unlock button on the fob or select operator 1 or 2 on the drivers' door to perform memory recall, either will recall the settings

after you are in the seat. I am going to look at this some more.

Baugham

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I have not found a setting to do what you want. I have not done a lot of searching, but I think once you hit the remote the seats move to the selected position. I think it would be better to remain in the rear position until the key is put in the ignition, but I don't think that is an option.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't have my Enclave yet, but I have a Sierra Denali pickup whose seats do exactly what Jay wants, sliding up to the driving position when the key goes in the ignition. I'm not near my truck now, but I recall that this involved selecting this option in the driver info center with all the other preferences.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I looked at our manual today. The easy exit feature slides the seat back, just like we have talked about. There is another feature and I think it is called Memory Seat or something like that. This setting controls whether or not the seat returns to the memory position when the remote is pressed. It can either move to the preset position or you can turn it off to leave the seat in the rearward easy exit position. If left off, the seat will not return to the memory position by putting the key in the ignition. You have to hit the memory seat position button on the door. So either the remote controls the seat returning or the button on the door - not the key in the ignition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts