EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all for sharing so many pictures. We are considering Ebony as a compromise interior for Red Jewel (I proposed Cashmere, she suggested Titanium). Neither of us has seen Ebony, but from the photos black sure looks great with the wood effects in the cockpit!

Unfortunately, flash photos can lighten Ebony to a shade of Titanium, but it looks like:

1) CXL leather seating surfaces are monotone black.
2) Floor, firewall, and door cloth surfaces are monotone black, as are the pillars below the windows.
3) The Ebony interior is the same as the Titanium interior from the windows up through the ceiling.
4) The carpeted backs of the rear rows of seats, cargo floor, and perhaps rear sidewalls, look like Titanium.

Is this correct, especially number (4)? This is where flash photos can be especially misleading because of the different reflections from leather and cloth. I haven't stumbled on a good shot from the rear of a CXL Ebony interior in "full cargo" mode. Thanks!

·
Registered
509 Posts
All right, EXCEPT for #4. The carpets and material everywhere below window level, in the Ebony interior, is Ebony. That is a flash error, that you're seeing.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Welcome. This is a VERY common thing, because like you found, unless you see it in person, most photographs that end up with flash always make certain colors & materials look different than what they really are. Dark charcoals and black always exhibit this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was in the same boat. Couldn't decide on Ebony, and the pics just looked like charcoal. I have my Carbon Black w/ Ebony leather now and I absolutely love it. I came out of a light interior, and while I really like it (light beige on an Audi A8L), the carpet was impossible to keep clean. My husband has a black interior on his MB, and I hate it, so I was very cautious, but I must say, now that I have it, I think it's the best looking of the three. Very elegant.

I would've been happy w/ any of the three to tell you the truth, but I'm thrilled w/ the ebony. I'm an interior designer, and I think it's classy. All the different colors going on in the cashmere would've made me crazy over time. And we can't have that, can we?

k

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I don't know, sometimes it's good to be a little cRaZy...[/color] :eek:hno:

:welcome: twopoodles! How about some pictures?! Of yer Enclave and the poodles![/color]

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My wife and I finally had a chance to see ebony and cashmere side by side in full sunlight. I opened up the tailgates and side doors, and we had a good look. Comments:

The cashmere would surely be subject to staining, but the ebony showed up flecks of white lint & paper stuck to the carpet.

If you're not getting a sunroof, the cashmere will be better for keeping the interior "light".

Ebony in the front seat is a killer next to the real-wood mahogany steering wheel and dash trim. Just two colors, not three, looks great. BUT: In the back, the ebony exposes the cheapness of the plastic imitation wood, which has a yellowish cast to it. I note that cocoa/cashmere is a promoted combination in the ads and on the website. I assume the shade of cashmere was chosen to mate will with (i.e., reduce the visual damage from) the cheap plastic.

You can learn to love all three interiors, but I personally am tired of gray, and don't like the color clashes it brings to Enclave.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts