EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Read Only
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 11 just quit today No advance warning and no problems before hand Car would not start and would not turn over . Only 45000 miles on car Had to have it towed to dealer After computer readout was told the ECM Module was gone and has to be replaced. Has anyone else had this problem

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
has the vehicle been jump started, or have you given anyone a jump?

·
Read Only
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Jump starts Vehicle was running just fine Pulled into a parking spot shut down engine and went into store came out and nothing Check engine light kept flickering and nothing when thekey was turned . Towed to shop and he hooked up his computer and he could get no readings would not even show the key in ignition That is when he said it will have to go to dealer which turned out to be another tow job Car is out of warranty and no exxtensins Dealer was nice and gave me a 2018 GMC terrain as a loaner while they checked out my car. They called and told me it wasECM Module will pick it up on Monday

·
Read Only
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In my last post I missed the whole point. My question should have been What does a jump start have to do with the ECM module ??

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
ECM/PCM..... Sometimes get damaged when people jump start vehicles the wrong way.

·
Read Only
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the feedback. Picked up car this morning Runs like it is brand new car They reprogramed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I hope you're doing fine, when they diagnostic your EMC, did they told you that the EMC 1 fuse was blowed or blowing. thank you :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts