EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 buick enclave, the fuel module fuse keeps blowing, try to put new one in and blows,vehicle won't start ,engine just turns

·
Registered
2015 Buick Enclave
40 Posts
Did you put in a new fuel pump or a new fuse? If the pump is defective or the wiring to the pump shorted , the fuse will continue to blow.

·
Registered
2015 Buick Enclave
40 Posts
Unfortunately - you'll have to get the pump and the wiring checked. The car will not start without a working fuel pump and the pump is located on top of the fuel tank, not a trivial job.

·
Administrator
735 Posts
The fuse is the indicator of the problem not the actual problem. I don't think I've ever had a blown fuse in a car where simply popping in a new fuse solved the problem. The fuse blew because there is something wrong on that circuit that is causing a current draw over the fuse's amperage rating. Could be a bad pump or could be shorted wires.

What ever you do DO NOT put a higher amperage fuse in hoping the problem goes away, because you'll likely melt wires next.

·
Registered
170 Posts
If you can access the pump. Disconnect the fuel pump connector. If the fuse still blows, you have a wiring issue. If it does not blow, you have a fuel pump issue. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts