EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1300 miles on my Enclave and already have had multiple electrical problems. It started with the rear windshield wiper stopping midway through a cycle. Then the close button on the bottom of the rear hatch quit. The key fobs work off and on and finally I am now having radio problems. I have the navigation system installed and playing XM or CD's works fine but when listening to FM stations the speakers cut in and out no matter if I am moving or standing still.

Has anyone else had these?

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
TooTall
Welcome to the forum :welcome:
I am sorry to hear about your problems. I have been on this forum since June 2007, and don't recall anything like your problem. Some of the individual issues have been discussed, but not all the combined issues you have.
Good luck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yikes!

Only problem of those I experienced was the close button on the rear hatch & key fob. But, thanks to the very helpful and knowledgable members on this board, I discovered that I had disabled those buttons from the cabin. So it was operator error, not the car itself.

Based on your description, I am not sure that this will help you with your particular problem, but it's worth a try to shorten your list (it saved me an embarassing trip to the dealer).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Per TSB 07-08-47-004A

Subject:
Information on Body Control Module (BCM) Grounds

Models:
2006-2008 Buick Lucerne
2008 Buick Enclave
2006-2008 Cadillac DTS, Escalade Models, SRX
2008 Cadillac CTS
2006-2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2006-2008 Chevrolet Impala
2007-2008 Chevrolet Avalanche, Equinox, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
2007-2008 GMC Acadia, Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali, Yukon Denali XL
2007-2008 Pontiac Torrent
2007-2008 Saturn OUTLOOK
2008 Saturn VUE

Supercede:

This bulletin is being revised to add models and to update the models to 2008. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 07-08-47-004 (Section 08 - Body & Accessories)

The purpose of this bulletin is to inform dealers of the importance of properly installing and verifying BCM grounds whenever a BCM is serviced or replaced.

Prior to disconnecting a BCM ground, the negative battery cable should be disconnected, or all other connections to the BCM should be disconnected first. Failure to disconnect all powered connections prior to disconnecting the ground may result in damage to the BCM.

If the BCM grounds are not correctly installed, damage to the BCM may occur. Other systems controlled by the BCM may also become inoperative or intermittent:

Interior lighting

Remote keyless entry

Door locks

Power windows and mirrors

To verify BCM ground, first visually inspect the ground connection. Then use a digital multi meter (such as J 39200, J 39688 or equivalent) to perform a ground check from connector C3 or X3 at pin locations 1 and 5 of the BCM to ground (with the connector C3 or X3 disconnected from the BCM).

This is all the information that i have right now. i will update everyone when i get more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts