EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned in a previous post about acquiring a cute little air tank for emergency flat tire repair. I have it, tried it and took pix. It's the size of a wine bottle and gets filled with CO2! Same as soda fountains , Fire extinguishers and Paint Ball guns! Non-combustible and compresses almost 4 times what "air" can do. At 125PSI, this little wonder will get you going with any slow leak, road nail, or stem/rim leak, that's not a "gusher" or blowout, and you just need another 10-50 miles to reach safety!

Basically, it's a high pressure HD canister like all Paint Ball guns use, but stronger and with a vent in case of overheating. It comes with the hose that plugs right on your tire valve stem and in 20-30 seconds.........you're at 35psi! Since we can't use Fix-a-flat (it destroys the tire pressure sensor!) on any car w/ a TPMS, our options are tow truck (30-300 minutes) change the flat ourselves or a small 12 volt air compressor. These work, but take 10-30 minutes to fill a tire our size. Sometimes time, weather, and surroundings don't allow this. (a VERY powerful one is made but costs over $200 and still takes 10 minutes to inflate and must be attached to battery leads themselves (not little 12 v accessory plug!) as current draw is very high.

Anyway for the lady's or gentleman's clean, convenient, quick solution, this is the bomb!! Comes in nice nylon storage bag with hose, accessories, and a free gauge! CO2 fills are $3.00 everywhere!! JIMHO ;D See my last page of pix if interested.

PS......fills footballs, basketballs, bike tires, and pool floats etc, in seconds!

·
Registered
260 Posts
What if they introduced a rear auto-levelling system in the Lambdas? Our SV6 has one, and it comes with an auxiliary air compressor and hose in the liftgate for inflating tires, pool floats, etc. It raises the rear of the car when there's a heavy load in the back, like after going to Costco, and lowers it when there's nothing there. It also helps with levelling the headlamps and supposedly the handling of the car as well.

I used a small CO2 canister when racing our model cars in tech last year. I lost after the 3rd round though :'(

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jonv112 said:
What if they introduced a rear auto-levelling system in the Lambdas? Our SV6 has one, and it comes with an auxiliary air compressor and hose in the liftgate for inflating tires, pool floats, etc. It raises the rear of the car when there's a heavy load in the back, like after going to Costco, and lowers it when there's nothing there. It also helps with levelling the headlamps and supposedly the handling of the car as well.

I used a small CO2 canister when racing our model cars in tech last year. I lost after the 3rd round though :'(
Yeah, CO2 is amazing stuff. Sorry you lost the race.

Wish our sleds DID have rear self-level. My former SRX did and it was great! The '07 Buick Raineer has it also. Hose and all.

The aux air supply will definitely work, but is no way fast enough in "critical situations." (rain, lateness,bad geography, etc). And you must wait around and watch it. When it boosts a pair of shocks, it is a minor boost to a very small volume. Our tires are fairly large. If a fill is needed for a fairly low tire, due to an unseen nail leak,(say less than 15lbs of air left in tire) it could take 10-20 minutes with that air pump. Best pump I ever saw (Viair #400, 50 amp Pump) used by off-roaders would take 2-3 minutes, to hit 35 lbs, from 10Lbs of air on a normally large SUV tire. And, man, did that pump get HOT!

Anyway, we take it from car to car too. Love it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts