EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered an Enclave with all options except block warmer. My question is regarding the remote for the Enclave. All the pictures I have seen are a standard looking remote. If you look in the Enclave brochure, you will see a remote with a lcd screen that tells tire pressure in each wheel, fuel level, among other things. It is also the remote start.

The only place I've seen this is in the brochure. Anyone else seen one???

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
grj007 said:
I've ordered an Enclave with all options except block warmer. My question is regarding the remote for the Enclave. All the pictures I have seen are a standard looking remote. If you look in the Enclave brochure, you will see a remote with a lcd screen that tells tire pressure in each wheel, fuel level, among other things. It is also the remote start.

The only place I've seen this is in the brochure. Anyone else seen one???
Hey, WELCOME! The remote has much history here! just a quick recap........Part # anounced is 17802071, as per another poster(?) here.. Date of avail said to be "soon, by end of this year". I'm checking often, as others are!
Price may be few hundred installed???
stay tuned!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just make sure you check out the Non-dealer pricing. I got 2 remotes for my suburban on EBAY - NEW, for $16[/color]. My Dealer wanted to charge me $63 for 1!! :angryfire: Even worse, he wanted to charge me $50 to program them - I found the instructions on Wikipedia - FREE! Took me all of 30 sec. (with no help from my husband I should add)! :cheers:

I love those new remotes - but I will love them even more when I get them for 80% off retail from elsewhere! :thumb:[/color]

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
debywebbi said:
Just make sure you check out the Non-dealer pricing. I got 2 remotes for my suburban on EBAY - NEW, for $16[/color]. My Dealer wanted to charge me $63 for 1!! :angryfire: Even worse, he wanted to charge me $50 to program them - I found the instructions on Wikipedia - FREE! Took me all of 30 sec. (with no help from my husband I should add)! :cheers:

I love those new remotes - but I will love them even more when I get them for 80% off retail from elsewhere! :thumb:[/color]
Yes, good advice and I am an Ebayer also! However I doubt these newest LCD type are gonna be on Ebay anytime soon and I hear the dealer must reflash some programming as well? Not positive there.
Let's all check our sources regularly! :thumb:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
Yes, good advice and I am an Ebayer also! However I doubt these newest LCD type are gonna be on Ebay anytime soon and I hear the dealer must reflash some programming as well? Not positive there.
Let's all check our sources regularly! :thumb:
I figured it would take some time - but I can wait. :angel:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Spoke with my dealer this evening while they were cleaning the 'Bama. He said the two-way remote would be available about the 2nd week of December. He will keep me posted if anything changes.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I thought that thing in the brochure was the key fob? Is it a different accessory to the key fob? I definitely want one of those, I can't believe they're not available yet.

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Does anyone know if you will be able to start the Clave from a greater distance?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Nam68 said:
Does anyone know if you will be able to start the Clave from a greater distance?
Four times the range. They demonstrated it on "Trucks!" on Spike TV Oct 27. They started a GMC Sierra from 1000 ft away. The host also mentioned that apparently the airbag passenger sensors can be used to tell your key fob that an intruder is in the vehicle.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Clave Man said:
Four times the range. They demonstrated it on "Trucks!" on Spike TV Oct 27. They started a GMC Sierra from 1000 ft away. The host also mentioned that apparently the airbag passenger sensors can be used to tell your key fob that an intruder is in the vehicle.
Thanks for the info, with that range I will have a nice warm car if they come out before speing.

Clave Man you will love the Red!!!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Nam68 said:
Thanks for the info, with that range I will have a nice warm car if they come out before speing.

Clave Man you will love the Red!!!!
I plan to stand at my window at work and raise and lower the liftgate while laughing hysterically at least once an hour. Every ten minutes I will, from my cubicle, check air pressure, odometer, and gasoline levels..

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
orthopac said:
Spoke with my dealer this evening while they were cleaning the 'Bama. He said the two-way remote would be available about the 2nd week of December. He will keep me posted if anything changes.
Orthopac, please let us know if you hear more! I check every 2 weeks at my dealer. No word...........

It will be part of my Christmas present!!!

G

·
Now if GM got both the remote and iPod PAL, It would make for a major seeling point. These are both items I am looking for. Please keep us all posted on when these become avaliable.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
waitingsince 8-10 said:
I thought that thing in the brochure was the key fob? Is it a different accessory to the key fob? I definitely want one of those, I can't believe they're not available yet.
Waiting, the pix in the brochure is a 2-way OPTIONAL remote. It can confirm the "remote-start function, tell you how much gas is left in tank, and tire pressure too! Many questions as to if dealer will have to re-flash some comp modules to get it to "talk" to car, price, etc. Not even sure if it will work w/all trim package levels???

Dealers know less than us!! Stay tuned as many here want this cool feature (and the Ipod "expander-charger") and are checking reg. Let's hope it's not "GOLD plated"!! ;)

G

·
i went to see my dealer friend AND HE LET ME HANDLE THE NEW REMOTE, HE CANT SELL THEM UNTIL late DECEMBER BUT I GOT TO TRY IT OUT ON THEIR SAMPLE VEHICLE, ITS AWSOME. the sample was really for him (the owner) and their general managers, but he kinda bent the rules and let me try it out. they had an 08 tahoe there for me to try it on. it was cool i checked the tire pressure, i started it and the screen said "sucessful" i changed the radio, i checked my fuel level, i opened the rear lift gate, or the rear lift glass ( i didn't know gmt 900s had power lift glass too!) I AM DEFINATLY ORDERING ONE WHEN THEY COME OUT. he even said i could retrofit it on my yukon YES!!!. i was gunna take camera phone pics, but that would get him and me introuble according to him as its confidential.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
Waiting, the pix in the brochure is a 2-way OPTIONAL remote. It can confirm the "remote-start function, tell you how much gas is left in tank, and tire pressure too! Many questions as to if dealer will have to re-flash some comp modules to get it to "talk" to car, price, etc. Not even sure if it will work w/all trim package levels???

Dealers know less than us!! Stay tuned as many here want this cool feature (and the Ipod "expander-charger") and are checking reg. Let's hope it's not "GOLD plated"!! ;)
Smokin,

I'm sorry, I know about the new remote, but can you tell me what the ipod "expander-charger" is. Thanks

Bsox

·
Registered
509 Posts
Rollin Thunder + Black Bandit said:
he even said i could retrofit it on my yukon YES!!!. i was gunna take camera phone pics, but that would get him and me introuble according to him as its confidential.
If it's an '07 or newer, yes. Last gen, '06 or earlier, definitely not--completely different electrical system and remote components.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts