EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help here! Tonight I've driven my Enclave 2008 through a flooded road. After pass the flooded area I've noticed that my engine was not that powerful as before. Also I saw heavy white smoke from two tailpipes.

It's dark night now. I've open the hood and checked no sign the water was into the engine. No engine lights so far. But I did notice during driving through the flood the "traction off" light was on.

Update July 31st:

Wait for this morning and tested on the road. This morning the engine light was keep on. T
he engine was less power than usual. But when driving forward I noticed the smoke from tailpipe is very very thin. However when backing out, I saw heavy white smoke exhausted from tailpipe. Still feel powerless.
Also checked the cabin air filter. To my surprise there's no filter insert at all. Might be lousy maintenance job done by service people. Should I order filter ?

I also found there's one thin pipe fell off , here's the picture, there are two clips on the thin pipe, what's that? How can I put it back?

I would never ever do that again. But now what should I do? I'd like to bring this to my dealer to do fully check.
1. What could be going wrong?
2. What should I check now?

thanks for your help. Been member of this forum since 2007. Great people here.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
how deep was the water, if it was over the wheels I would change all fluids, but first have you checked the oil level, the smoking and low power could be caused by water in the crankcase.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks it was over the wheel.

I will change all the fluids. Can you please specify the which fluids? 1. Engine Oil 2 Transmission Oil 3. Brake Oil 4 Anything else?

·
Registered
41 Posts
rear diff if you have AWD, the brake fluid should be OK unless it looks like water got in. Did you check the air filter right away, was it wet?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oldman said:
rear diff if you have AWD, the brake fluid should be OK unless it looks like water got in. Did you check the air filter right away, was it wet?
No it was night I didn't check right away. Checked this morning, the filter was dry. However didn't find filter insert in it at all. Could be the mechanic's fault last time. I've ordered one will install Tuesday.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wonder if you had time to check my OP. I've updated this morning with pictures.
thanks for your help!

·
Registered
41 Posts
follow the hose/tube to the other end where does it go? Have you checked engine oil level yet, if there is water in there don't start it again until you change it, you might have to change the oil and filter a couple of times to get al the water out if you have water inside the engine, same thing with the transaxle.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oldman said:
follow the hose/tube to the other end where does it go? Have you checked engine oil level yet, if there is water in there don't start it again until you change it, you might have to change the oil and filter a couple of times to get al the water out if you have water inside the engine, same thing with the transaxle.
Thanks for your kindness!
Engine oil level is fine. Transmission Fluids level is fine. It's hard for me to tell if there's water inside engine oil. I will see if I could change oil myself multiple times. Regarding to the filter you mentioned, which filter? The cabin air filter? Or the Engine Air Filter ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
The engine air filter was the one I was questioning, if it had water flow through it you should be able to tell by the way it looks. If your engine and trans oil levels are normal and show no signs of water in them I would only change them once just to be safe, if they have water in them they will turn milky .

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
being a 2008--- that may be the air hose that goes to one of the motor mounts.

the hose comes from the backside of the intake manifold area- and goes to the motor mount.

look at post # 23- and click on image--- that clip on the hose in your pic reminded me of the clips on the lines (see # 7 on pic).

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=35842.20

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I just read this thread. Good luck with your Enclave.

I can't offer any advice, but I can offer some sympathy.

Many years ago, my wife was successfully slowly traversing a flooded street in our 1998 Olds Intrigue when a moron in a large SUV barreled through at 30+/- mph. The huge wake that the moron created with his large vehicle splashed over our car's hood causing it to stall out. After about 20 minutes, while waiting for help to arrive, she was finally able to get the car to start again. She was driving to meet me at a train station after work, so she suffered this ordeal alone with my infant son in the car. Luckily the scary event led to no harm to anyone or the car.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Like rbarrios says, that could be a line to the motor mounts. That line is a vacuum line and would explain the poor power.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
5 Participants
Rick H
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing