EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Buick Enclave Essence
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am over the fact you can't turn off auto stop on the Enclave without a modification that might or might not void the vehicle's warranty. It is what it is.

Here is the question... When you stop your Enclave, for approximately how long does the car turn off before turning back on? And yes, I apply consistent pressure to my brake pedal without letting up.

I live in FL and you use AC 100% of the time. I have found that with the AC on, the car shuts off for only 28 to 34 seconds on average. You sit at most intersections for almost 2 minutes. For the car to turn right back on after only 30 seconds of being off just makes auto stop that much more pointless.

I am curious if my auto stop is faulty or not? The dealership had no idea of how long the auto stop should turn the car off for. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm sure you're aware that you can simply disconnect the hood latch sensor or install a module, neither of which void the warranty. But as far as how long before it restarts, there is no set time since the computer decides depending on electrical load, A/C requirements, various settings, etc.

·
Registered
2020 Buick Enclave Essence
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure you're aware that you can simply disconnect the hood latch sensor or install a module, neither of which void the warranty. But as far as how long before it restarts, there is no set time since the computer decides depending on electrical load, A/C requirements, various settings, etc.
Thanks! In your opinion, during in city driving, does a shut off for a max of 30 seconds sound normal with the AC on? The car is 2 months old.

·
Registered
214 Posts
There really is no 'normal' since it turns off and on as needed. Outside temperature, inside temperature, humidity, which temperature you've selected, recirculate on or off, battery voltage, etc. all affect how long it stays off. Could be 30 seconds, could be less, could be more.

I just disconnected it so I don't have to worry about it.

·
Super Moderator
300 Posts
If you want to see when it will turn back on just watch the voltmeter. When it goes below a certain point it restarts. Probably around 11 volts. As DPorter stated, there are many factors that determine when it will shut off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can always put it in "low" gear and use the paddles to set the highest hear you want to use. Aside from disabling the auto stop, it allows me to set what gear the tranny shifts to. Around town I like to use 7 which eliminates a lot of downshifting under 50 mph. A nice solution to the problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Some model years (2020 being one) of the Buick Enclave are not supported with an installation of an aftermarket module as of this posting date and time; I've followed up directly with the developers of the known solutions. Disabling the hood latch sensor (while it will in fact deactivate auto start stop) will throw a CEL light, potentially masking other engine issues. The paddle shift option is the best option I've found until the aftermarket creators fix this more permanently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts