EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what the owner manual says for the break in period? i know its probably the same as the acadias, but i dont even know what the acadia's is sooo.....

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think 500 miles not to exceed 55. Yeah right.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that all you have to do?

·
Registered
81 Posts
The 55 mph is for AWD. From Acadia manual:

New Vehicle Break-In

Notice: Your vehicle does not need an elaborate break-in. But it will perform better in the long run if you follow these guidelines:

• If you have all-wheel drive, keep your speed at 55 mph (88 km/h) or less for the first 500 miles (805 km).

• Do not drive at any one constant speed, fast or slow, for the first 500 miles (805 km). Do not make full-throttle starts. Avoid downshifting to brake, or slow, the vehicle.

• Avoid making hard stops for the first 200 miles (322 km) or so. During this time the new brake linings are not yet broken in. Hard stops with new linings can mean premature wear and earlier replacement. Follow this breaking-in guideline every time you get new brake linings.

• Do not tow a trailer during break-in. See Towing a Trailer on page 371 for the trailer towing capabilities of your vehicle and more information.

Following break-in, engine speed and load can be gradually increased.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so what about FWD?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so how has this been working out for you enclave owners???

·
Registered
124 Posts
yep that is the same in the Enclave manual

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i meant like how are you doing with the break in period?

·
Registered
124 Posts
a little more than half way there. Keeping it below 55 .... 90% of the time.

Hard to do. this car is QUIET and you get up there without really noticing.

·
Registered
743 Posts
yeah, I was driving 60 today and it really seemed like I was driving 45 or 50.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
rocketman said:
yeah, I was driving 60 today and it really seemed like I was driving 45 or 50.
[/quote

driving 55 is kind of tough especially when the hwy speed limit is 65. guess i have to keep car in traffic first 500 miles plus i am getting awd.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well we will be getting a FWD and we can take back roads to almost anywhere to keep it under 55. I just want to make sure i understand, so if you have FWD you dont have a speed limit!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes that is implied, but they don't want you driving at a constant high speed though.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so what do you guys think of this approach?

·
Registered
743 Posts
I would treat the FWD and the AWD the same. Drive them the same. Vary the speed and you should be ok. I break them in the same and have never had a problem with break-in. FWD,AWD, and RWD.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
rocketman said:
I would treat the FWD and the AWD the same. Drive them the same. Vary the speed and you should be ok. I break them in the same and have never had a problem with break-in. FWD,AWD, and RWD.
i never knew it made a difference....shoot i always just got in a drove hehehehehehe

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
rocketman said:
That's what we did with our AWD. We varied the speed, tried (somewhat) to limit the speeds over 55 (didn't do very well). I'm not too worried about it. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts