EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,

I love my Enclave, but I noticed something disturbing. In the Enclaves with the bench seat in the second row (which I own), it appears that the cutout of the carpet they put in the vehicle does NOT compensate for the movement of the seat to come forward properly.

In other words, everytime I move the 40 side of the 60/40 bench in the second row to give my kiddos access to the third row, the seat inevitably moves forward, but does so by squishing the carpet panel that is directly in front of it, and consequently bunches it up.

Anyone else notice this? It just seems the carpet wasn't cut out right or something.

Let me know peeps. 8)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
That doesn't seem right, because the Outlook that I rented yesterday had the middle row bench seat and I tried out the "smart slide" seats on both sides and they slid forward with no "impingement" from the floor mat. The tracks were completely open via the openings in the mat. Maybe your dealer did not install the factory mats, but got an aftermarket floor mat that doesn't match correctly.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
259 Posts
I noted a large gap in the floor mat coverage between the captains chairs as if the mats were making room for the second row console that still does not exist. :sosad: Any thoughts for a matching floor cover for this area, where my kids walk over all the time? Already showing dirt with just 250 miles on the car!

Any comment on the exposed rivet on the floor of the drivers side under the parking brake. I saw this after lifting the floor mat. Is this standard or just a flaw in my Enclave. The point is fairly sharp?

Thanks. Photos of items posted in Gallery.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Rivet/bolt is not a flaw as in 'a mistake' but rather a "flaw" in that it was supposed to be that way but unknown as to "Why?" ::) Mine is the same way. It almost seems to be that way for a reason, but can't think of one right now. Maybe a 'ground' point?

Carpet gap between the captains chairs seems odd as well. I gues they didn't want three options for carpet in the middle when the center console comes out. ???

·
Registered
259 Posts
xrayman said:
Rivet/bolt is not a flaw as in 'a mistake' but rather a "flaw" in that it was supposed to be that way but unknown as to "Why?" ::) Mine is the same way. It almost seems to be that way for a reason, but can't think of one right now. Maybe a 'ground' point?

Carpet gap between the captains chairs seems odd as well. I gues they didn't want three options for carpet in the middle when the center console comes out. ???
Thanks for the reply. Guess it was not a mistake, but why... ???

We need an after market floor mat for this this space between the Captain chairs! ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Gator said:
Guess it was not a mistake, but why... ???
Mine has the same type fastener also on the firewall. They seem to mount the footrest to the floor. Why such a long shank I don't know.
Wayne

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ccaats said:
That doesn't seem right, because the Outlook that I rented yesterday had the middle row bench seat and I tried out the "smart slide" seats on both sides and they slid forward with no "impingement" from the floor mat. The tracks were completely open via the openings in the mat. Maybe your dealer did not install the factory mats, but got an aftermarket floor mat that doesn't match correctly.

Thanks,
Chris
I'm pretty sure they didn't have time ot throw in an aftermarket floor mat considering I picked up my Enclave the day it arrived. Is there anyone else who actually has the bench seat in the Enclave that can also attest to this phenomena? Again, the seat goes up a little bit without impingement, but if you slide it all the way forward, the carpet gets in the way and crumples up, eventually leading to a creased carpet flap.

Anyone? Anywho, I'm going to try and ask the dealer about it soon, along with trying to take some pics to show you all.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I didn't check but you probably saw my story/pix under GENERAL Discussions yesterday, RE: Floor mats Yukon XL. Might help w/ the compromise solution I found?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Marzetta7,
We just got our Enclave last week and have the same issue with the carpet in the second row. Were you ever able to find out anything regarding this problem?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the bench seat also. Are you talking about the floor mat? I noticed that on mine, the floor mat has a bend in it to allow it to fold forward. Works fine for me. There is a mat retainer to hold it in place...make sure it's snapped in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, that's what I'm referring to. Now that you mention it, it does look like the floor mat was designed to 'bunch up' when you slide the seat forward.

I've seen other discussion about those tracks and how folks didn't like them exposed because they would collect debris. I guess the solution is to cover them with a floor mat that has to bunch up when you slide the seat forward.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Rosten said:
Yes, that's what I'm referring to. Now that you mention it, it does look like the floor mat was designed to 'bunch up' when you slide the seat forward.

I've seen other discussion about those tracks and how folks didn't like them exposed because they would collect debris. I guess the solution is to cover them with a floor mat that has to bunch up when you slide the seat forward.
That's what i did. Got mats from Qualitymats.com and they cover SO MUCH more than OE mats. They move a little when sliding Capt Chairs forward, to get into 3rd row) but no big deal as they almost fall back in place automatically (almost!) Main reason we got was debris falling into tracks and wear between rear buckets. Did the job :thumb: See my pix if you like for good look!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Our Enclave just arrived at the dealership but we did order the Qualitymats.com ultra plush mats and all I can say is wow. They are so much nicer than the stock Enclave mats. The layout of the carpets does not seem that much of a problem in real life situations. Love the forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought the Quality mats and thought the rear mats were good but the front mats were less than I expected.
There was no more coverage than stock mats which is poor. I will keep looking.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts