EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[/color] On JUNE 23rd I placed an order with my dealer for a 2008 Enclave CXL-FWD. As of this date, 16 October, my dealer can't tell me whether or not the vehicle has been put in production. What's going on? Have any of you had the same problem with Buick? For those of you that have received your order how many weeks did it take? When I placed the order I was told that it should take 6-10 weeks. ( Will be 17 weeks at the end of this week ).

·
Registered
73 Posts
don,
We ordered our Enclave on the exact same day, June 23. We were told by our dealer that the order was picked up for production sometime in late September. Then a few days later we were given a build week of Oct. 1st. :clap: Then the 2 day strike happened. :banghead: We called to see if this would change the status of our order and of course it did. :angryfire: We were told that it would be built the week of the 15th with expected delivery for the end of this month. ???
So, I definitely feel your pain. I'm beginning to suffer from an-enclavianosis ( a condition pertaining to being without an Enclave).
Symptoms include: speaking in codes, stalking dealerships for a mere glimpse of one, spending waaaaaaaaaay too much time on enclave websites, saying things like "the Ford Edge looks nice" (my wife actually said that) and trying to convince yourself that other vehicles would be suitable instead of the enclave.
The only treatment is accepting the delivered Enclave. So Buick if you truly are listening, before you have a pandemic on your hands, crank 'em out. :angel:

"Buick Enclave, the cure for what ails ya. . ."

·
Registered
1 Posts
We ordered our CXL FWD 7 passenger on 6/11 from a smaller midwest dealer and as of today have a 3000 code with a target production week of 10/29 (which has been moved a couple times). After doing a vehicle locate, found a comparable vehicle at a dealership - cancelled our 6/11 order, and will be picking up the dealership Enclave this weekend

·
Registered
40 Posts
I ordered a FWD CXL on 07/17. On 08/16 dealer recieved allocation and it was built the the week of 09/10 and I toook deliver on 10/02. Once the dealrer recieves allocation it should not be more than 6-8 weeks depending on where you live.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hopefully someone can clarify this for me...

What exactly is the allocation that the dealer has to get?

With an initial order date of 09/21, what does that mean for me?

Thanks in advance

Lucas

·
Registered
413 Posts
lucasszy said:
Hopefully someone can clarify this for me...

What exactly is the allocation that the dealer has to get?

With an initial order date of 09/21, what does that mean for me?

Thanks in advance

Lucas
First of all just because you placed an order on 9/21 does not mean the order was placed with Buick at that time; that's where the allocation comes in.
Due to the popularity of the Enclave Buick dealers are allocated (or given) a certain number of Enclaves they can order every week (the allocation some weeks for small dealers may be 0). As I understand it the allocations a dealer gets involve several factors including past sales. The dealer has to use an allocation to place the order for your Enclave.
Ask your dealer for a print out of the "event History" this will tell you what production code your car is at. For a list of what the production codes mean go to "buying, leasing and custom orders" on the home page on this site then click on "event status codes".
Your dealer is the only one who can check on the order status of your Enclave, it takes him about two minutes to get information from his "vehicle order management system" on line from Buick. Beware if your dealer starts to give you excuses as to why he can't check on the status of your order.

From what I have seen lately on this site it is taking about two months after Buick accepts the order for the car to arrive. Certain options such as White Diamond paint, the Luxury pkg and maybe by now the second row console may also delay your order after it's accepted.

I was lucky, my order included White Diamond and the luxury pkg and it was delivered in less than two months from the day I placed the order.

Good luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
43sbest said:
First of all just because you placed an order on 9/21 does not mean the order was placed with Buick at that time; that's where the allocation comes in.
Due to the popularity of the Enclave Buick dealers are allocated (or given) a certain number of Enclaves they can order every week (the allocation some weeks for small dealers may be 0). As I understand it the allocations a dealer gets involve several factors including past sales. The dealer has to use an allocation to place the order for your Enclave.
Ask your dealer for a print out of the "event History" this will tell you what production code your car is at. For a list of what the production codes mean go to "buying, leasing and custom orders" on the home page on this site then click on "event status codes".
Your dealer is the only one who can check on the order status of your Enclave, it takes him about two minutes to get information from his "vehicle order management system" on line from Buick. Beware if your dealer starts to give you excuses as to why he can't check on the status of your order.

From what I have seen lately on this site it is taking about two months after Buick accepts the order for the car to arrive. Certain options such as White Diamond paint, the Luxury pkg and maybe by now the second row console may also delay your order after it's accepted.

I was lucky, my order included White Diamond and the luxury pkg and it was delivered in less than two months from the day I placed the order.

Good luck
If you have a VIN # can you check on the status of your vehicle? Mine is paid for ( well a lease contract signed) and is due in by 10 /22....Can I check to see if is actaully coming or on it's way?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts