EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a delivery date of Christmas Day? Christmas comes first however plus the dealer is closed I’m sure. It is a little quicker than I was expecting, since we ordered in early December. There just happened to be the exact color and options we wanted being delivered to the dealer. Best Christmas present ever!

I was wondering if you could help me with a delivery check list per some of the issues I have read on this forum, e.g. check the driver’s seat to make sure it has no kinks on the rail, make sure the real doors are aligned and closed properly. Can you all think of anything else I should check before I drive it off the lot?

Thanks all.

Have an excellent holiday season! And to be politically incorrect Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Congrats!

Our right side rear door didn't close well for about 1500 miles but was properly aligned. Some others seemed to have this problem. With the triple rubber seal, there is probably a chance that the doors need to "seat-in" properly with the seals, so I would not recommend anyone touching the door unless there is an obvious mis-alignment, and if there is, I would be suspicious of body damage en route.

Our only problem in the past with delivery was with a BMW that had some Bozo polish/clean it and put lots of fine scratches in the paint, but I doubt the Buick dealer would do this. Look for body and interior flaws, since many cars are damaged during transport. Ours was perfect.

TM

·
Registered
612 Posts
Would you believe there is also an official GM delivery checklist in your glove box "bundle of stuff". Found it a few hours after getting home with my new Enclave Saturday. My philosophy is to take a shake down test drive to see if you have a real lemon, then go through your list -- forget about inspecting things which they can fix under warranty -- just make sure everything you paid for is there and there is no damage.. Good luck!

Go take a look at this discussion..
http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=988.0

·
Registered
173 Posts
That's similar to the advice I was about to give.

To be a little more specific, before taking delivery drive the vehicle at a range of speeds from 30 to 70+ (whatever you drive on the highway around there), feeling for vibrations and such. Nothing particular to the Enclave, just a good thing to check, as vibrations if they are caused by drivetrain components can be very hard to fix.

Auto reliability research

·
Registered
317 Posts
axiama said:
Well, I may be a little late but here's a checklist that designconcepts posted when he got his Enclave. Enjoy that ride. :thumb:

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=824.msg9904#msg9904
axiama,
Thanks for the "plug" -- your link was to my original reply about getting our blue-gold Enclave back in August. Clave Man's link is actually the link with the checklist -- to which I will add the following information, as this literally just happened within the past few days. The IL Secretary of State's office sent us a letter asking us to send them a copy of the Maryland title! Maryland title???? What the x$%&@#()???? We live in IL and bought the Enclave in Michigan, came back on a 14 day temp permit and the next day, paid the IL taxes, transferred plates and gave the Sec of State's office a copy of everything that was needed. Or so we thought. They were looking for a Maryland title because we have a GMAC loan (and they're in Maryland).

When I called the Sec of State's office, they asked me then for the Michigan title. I told them I didn't have one. Well, then, they said, you need to give us the Certificate of Origin. The what? Come to find out that the dealer applied for our temporary permit via a new electronic system and never requested the Certificate of Origin -- just like a title, but shows the transfer of ownership from GM to the dealership. This document SHOULD have be requested by the Sec of State's office at the time I wrote them a check for several thousand to pay our IL sales tax and transfer plates. They are such IDIOTS that the guy there never knew this and it took almost 4 months for this to pop up. Good thing I didn't pay off my GMAC loan, which I was thinking of doing -- I would have never gotten the title to our Enclave because of this mess.

Moral -- if you buy out of state, make sure you either get the TITLE to your Enclave or the Certificate of Origin!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts