EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Intro to the posting of the contents of the 2008 Buick Enclave Details Book:
http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=2046.msg26511#msg26511

A spreadsheet table showing Enclave's features and specifications alongside the Acura MDX, Lexus RX350, Lincoln MDX, and Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo.

I did a little research. Laredo is a town in Texas named after a town in Northern Spain. The Spanish city has an annual festival where they march a sardine down the street in a parade. Maybe the Cherokee comes with a can of Texas Sardines.

This is the final chapter in the 2008 Buick Enclave Details Book. When I have time I'll organize an album in my gallery (if the admin has another 15MB of disk space to dedicate..). Thanks for all the nice comments. It was a lot of fun. Maybe I'll post the dealers eyes only guide to OnStar and XM sales next...

Attachments

G

·
Clave - are you saying you're out of disk space? I should have a ton of room left, so I'll double check to see whats up...

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
admin said:
Clave - are you saying you're out of disk space? I should have a ton of room left, so I'll double check to see whats up...
I made a gallery with no problem shortly after I made the post above. It's all good.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Clave Man said:
Intro to the posting of the contents of the 2008 Buick Enclave Details Book:
http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=2046.msg26511#msg26511

A spreadsheet table showing Enclave's features and specifications alongside the Acura MDX, Lexus RX350, Lincoln MDX, and Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo.

I did a little research. Laredo is a town in Texas named after a town in Northern Spain. The Spanish city has an annual festival where they march a sardine down the street in a parade. Maybe the Cherokee comes with a can of Texas Sardines.

This is the final chapter in the 2008 Buick Enclave Details Book. When I have time I'll organize an album in my gallery (if the admin has another 15MB of disk space to dedicate..). Thanks for all the nice comments. It was a lot of fun. Maybe I'll post the dealers eyes only guide to OnStar and XM sales next...
THanks for the info Clave Man. It's interesting that Buick considers 5-passenger vehicles as "Competitive". I would have guessed they'd list the Mazda CX-9 or others with a 3rd seat.

Also (a bit off-topic here) some members have asked for the Nav System Manual... evidently no longer available online. Do you have access to that PDF?

Is this book an internal-only document? I don't recall seeing it at dealerships.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the Navigation Manual for 2008 models. It won't cover bluetooth or other features added for 2009. It's too big to post (2.7MB) here.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
the last 3 on that list can be taken off, they are not in the same class, being only 5 passenger.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Clave Man said:
I have the Navigation Manual for 2008 models. It won't cover bluetooth or other features added for 2009. It's too big to post (2.7MB) here.
If anyopne has the 09 version and wants to upload it, it's easy to do at the MegaUpload site. Or... I can do it for them if they email it to me.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rpasetto said:
Is this book an internal-only document? I don't recall seeing it at dealerships.
Yes it was an internal-only document meant for the the sales people at Buick dealerships. Bought it off eBay back when I had the Enclave fever bad (had just ordered one).

As to a throwing out the other "comparable vehicles" since they don't have three rows, I would say that I can count on one hand the number of times I have had people in row three.

Also.. I am guessing this book was put together in late 2006 -- long before some new competition was announced.

·
Registered
108 Posts
We've never used the third row seats, or the spare tire, in our CUV but I wouldn't do without either one. Third row seating is essential in order to provide luxury accomodations in the second row without reducing a large vehicle to 4 passenger capacity. In our case, the direct competition for Enclave was the Mercedes GL and Audi Q7. Granted, both are more expensive but a very close match in terms of critical dimensions and capacities. The Enclave falls short in standard and optional features, but I think still makes a very strong case of "bang for the buck" in the value category.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts