EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your vehicle has the Easy Exit Seat feature (and it is turned on) the driver's seat will move back when the key is removed. According to the owners manual (pg. 3-71), the steering column will also move up and forward on vehicles equipped with power tilt and telescopic steering. My new Enclave was delivered with zero defects, however, the steering column moves only forward (away from the driver) and NOT UP as the manual states. Could this be a software problem unique to my vehicle or is this a common issue for those with these Enclave optional features?

·
Registered
758 Posts
One of the criticisms of the Enclave power steering column is that it doesn't adjust up far enough. Is your steering column in its highest position already?

TM

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think my steering wheel goes up, but I am very close to the top so it is hard to tell.

A seperate but related question if someone can help is can the Exit position be programmed? I know you can turn it on/off, but I want to determine the position it ends up in, i.e. I do not want it to travel soo far back, I want it to go down, and I want it the back to get straighter to give my kids more room getting out.

As it is I always think I'm going to squish my daughter in the back row, fortunately hitting the middle button stops it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steering wheel can be in the full down position and when key is removed it stays in that position. This makes exiting the car difficult even though the wheel moves away from driver.

·
Registered
71 Posts
From the manual
EASY EXIT SEAT
If your vehicle has this feature, it allows you to select
your preference for the automatic easy exit seat feature.
See Memory Seat and Mirrors on page 1-4 for more
information.
Press the customization button until EASY EXIT SEAT
appears on the DIC display. Press the set/reset
button once to access the settings for this feature.
Then press the customization button to scroll through
the following settings:
OFF (default): No automatic seat exit recall will occur.
ON: The driver’s seat will move back when the key
is removed from the ignition. The steering column will
also move up and forward on vehicles with the power tilt
and telescopic steering feature[/color]. See Power Tilt Wheel
and Telescopic Steering Column on page 3-7 for
more information.
The automatic easy exit seat movement will only occur
one time after the key is removed from the ignition.
If the automatic movement has already occurred, and
you put the key back in the ignition and remove it again,
the seat and steering column will stay in the original
exit position, unless a memory recall took place prior
to removing the key again.
NO CHANGE: No change will be made to this feature.
The current setting will remain.
To select a setting, press the set/reset button while the
desired setting is displayed on the DIC.
3-71

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know what the owners manual says but the Easy Exit steering wheel operates differently than what it says. It only moves away (forward) when key is removed. It does NOT also move up as stated in the manual. (Even when it is in the full down postion.) I'm simply trying to find out if this is a software flaw unique to my CXL or an incorrect statement in the owners manual. Doesn't anyone else use this feature?

·
Registered
344 Posts
New2Buick said:
I think my steering wheel goes up, but I am very close to the top so it is hard to tell.

A seperate but related question if someone can help is can the Exit position be programmed? I know you can turn it on/off, but I want to determine the position it ends up in, i.e. I do not want it to travel soo far back, I want it to go down, and I want it the back to get straighter to give my kids more room getting out.

As it is I always think I'm going to squish my daughter in the back row, fortunately hitting the middle button stops it.
Here's a thought. Does another person use the other memory number? In other words you have your seat set at memory number 1, does someone else have the number 2 setting? If not, you can program memory setting number 2 to go back to your specific settings, with the seatback straight, not so far back, etc. So instead of hitting the easy exit button, hit the number 2 button. Then your kiddos will have room to get in and out.
;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
You are right Insider.  The easy exit feature does not act as the manual says.  :banghead:
It moves the seat back, but not all the way and not down. 
It also moves the steering wheel forward but not all the way and not up.
Kind of disappointing, even useless.

Is there a way to program it like there is for the other 2 memory buttons?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
My wheel moves UP, approx within 85% of max it can go, if I was to hold switch myself. Inadequate, IMHO too! It does retreat into dash, again about 85% max. Seat goes back to factory's predetermined setting! Not my desired needs. Not even down! Poor :mad: So I also hit the middle, switch "exit" switch on door to halt it, after 5 seconds, to avoid crushing rear passenger!

Poor functionality. My former whip, "04 Caddy SRX Crossover let me program all those seat parameters, but wheel was NOT power telescopic however. Seat was much easier to tailor for Exits though. :thumb:
Guess nothing's perfect................. :'(

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I don't use the easy exit feature mainly due to concerns about one thing - longevity of the power seat tracks. We don't trade vehicles very often so I'm concerned about the power track wearing out more quickly due to many, many more cycles when easy exit is turned on. Based on my work experience power tracks are not designed to last the lifetime of the vehicle; they will last through the warranty period most of the time. Check out the price of a replacement power track and you may also change your mind about using easy exit. I thought I would provide a little food for thought.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just set the Easy Exit feature last night. I put the seat all the way back and the steering wheel all the way forward and up as far as it can go. Then I pressed the Easy Exit button for a few seconds until it beeped. I think this set my preferences, but I would imagine you could set it to what ever you like. Great feature!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Black47
I must be doing something wrong. I tried what you describe, got the beep and all. However, when I tried to use it, it only put the seat part way back and the wheel part way in and not up.
I have resorted to using number 2 mem for my exit position. Please let me know if it works and give me some details as to how you did it.
Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry Mon's Clave I guess I'm wrong. When I tried to set the exit feature differently it seemed to return to the default setting. My seat goes back all the way however, but the steering wheel only shifts up and not forward.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Okay, does the BACK of your seat go down to an almost lying position? I hate this feature and I didn't set or un-set anything! Also, it works so randomly for me, I wonder what's up with it...[/color] :help:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mamasita Rosita,
Estoy perdido. My exit position is has nothing to do with laying back. It only moves a little toward the back of the car, and the steering wheel only moves a little toward the front of the car. It only works when I push the button since I have not programmed it to do so in park or when the key is removed.
What is your enclave trying to tell you if it randomly lays back?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Mons' Clave said:
Mamasita Rosita,
Estoy perdido. My exit position is has nothing to do with laying back. It only moves a little toward the back of the car, and the steering wheel only moves a little toward the front of the car. It only works when I push the button since I have not programmed it to do so in park or when the key is removed.
What is your enclave trying to tell you if it randomly lays back?
Hmmmmmmmmmm... ???
I am not kidding...at random...I no touch nothing...steering wheel goes IN, seat bottom slides BACK, seat back lays DOWN...Seriously. Ichihuahua! [/color]
[/color] :confused:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Carumba!
I hope it does not happen when you are underway.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Mons' Clave said:
Carumba!
I hope it does not happen when you are underway.
Yikes!! :eek: I never thought of THAT!!! :ack:

:phone: I'd better call the dealer!!
[/color]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Black 47 and other posters are confusing things. There is no Easy Exit button on the Enclave equipped with this feature. You are confusing the Easy Exit feature with the Memory Seat buttons on the drivers door. The Easy Exit feature can only be set via options offered on the Driver Information Center (DIC). See page 3-71 in the owners manual. The only options offered are "off" and "on". ("Off" is the default position) The Easy Exit feature ONLY ACTIVATES when the key is removed. Let's get on the same page here. The question is "what happens when the feature is ON and the car is turned off and key removed. What happens to the steering wheel in my Enclave is different from what the manual says.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thank you Insider. You have hit the nail on the head. When the Easy Exit is turned on through the DIC it does not move the seat and the steering wheel in the manner described in the manuel. Furthermore, it does not move either near enough for my taste. It does not seem to be able to be programed regarding movement, only on and off. Wish they could fix that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts