EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

Are you envious / jealous of your spouse's Enclave?

• I'm jealous and want to drive it ALL the time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only when I have to drive my old boring car.

• Only when he/she insists on driving.

• I am just happy for her/him because I love them so much.

• It's my Enclave and I let my spouse drive/take the Enclave anytime they want.

• It's MY Enclave and I drive it ALL the time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, we have had our Enclave for two days....and I have a new twist on "Enclave Envy". I want to drive it ALL the time and it is my wife's car. I knew this going in, but now everytime I leave the house in my old Grand Am GT and stare at her (the Enclave) as I am leaving......I just cry :'( because I want to be spending more time with her (the Enclave). Am I the only one going through this?

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I don't know how to respond to the poll, but I will reply anyway.
It's my wife's Enclave, but I can drive it most anytime I want since it resides in the garage all week. MRSBUICK takes the bus to the big city. I drive it about once a week though.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rollin Thunder + Black Bandit said:
well theres an easy fix to this, GET YOUR SELF AN ENCLAVE. ;D :thumb:
You don't know how many times I have thought about that.....tried to justify it......counted and re-counted my income to see if I could make it work.....LOL. It is just such a fine automobile that one is not enough ;D

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Sometimes I'm nice and I let my husband take Burt to work. So far, I've been nice twice in the last three months. :angel: He's got his eye on a carbon black metallic that's sitting at the dealership.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
axiama said:
Sometimes I'm nice and I let my husband take Burt to work. So far, I've been nice twice in the last three months. :angel: He's got his eye on a carbon black metallic that's sitting at the dealership.
If you've been nice only twice in the last three months, God Bless Your Husband! ;D :angel:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
MRBUICK said:
If you've been nice only twice in the last three months, God Bless Your Husband! ;D :angel:
What can I say; he's a good man and is likely guaranteed a spot in heaven. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, How about "It's my Enclave but I let her use it all the time" ;D

I am like Mr Buick. We have got it cause my wife's family was visiting for an extended period of time and we didnt want to take two cars every where we go. Now She drives it primarily but I get it whenever I like.

In a way she is the primary driver and we bought it for her, but I always thinks it is mine and I am letting her use it :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
I got "custody" of ours today. First time in a week and I almost had to beg last night to get it. Nobody wants to drive the 05 Gran Prix GT anymore and it's a nice car. There is something to the Enclave. There are so few around, it's almost like putting it on display for the world to see.

·
Registered
379 Posts
This is the reason I just gave in and ordered two. I knew that if the other half had one that I would want to drive it all the time. After driving the Enclave, my RX-330 seems so noisy! One of them is due in about 2 weeks, mine looks like it will be here just in time for a Christmas present from me to me! :angel: :

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I also don't know how to respond. The Enclave is the wife's vehicle but she's a work-at-home and only goes into the office once a week. I could drive the Enclave most days but I don't. It's a nice vehicle and I want to keep it that way so the fewer miles we put on it, the better.

Besides, I was dumb enough to sell an almost new 2003 Corvette convertible and buy a 2007 Honda Civic sedan to replace it ::) so I figure I'd better keep driving it. Truthfully, when gas got to $3/gallon I decided to get something that was easier on gas and the Civic has been that - I'm averaging 35 mpg in my daily driving. I'm planning to drive it until the wheels fall off it. That may happen pretty quickly once my son turns 16 (in 4 years) and starts driving it! :tard: I've already banned my 16 year old daughter from driving it since she ran it into the garage door facing and creased the front bumper cover. She's now relegated to driving only the 2002 Taurus we bought for her (8k miles on it and loaded with all options).

·
Registered
95 Posts
No need to be jealous, we both got a new enclave on the same day. His and Hers as we traded our Lexus RX 330's. ;D

·
Registered
379 Posts
I am SO glad that someone else traded RX-330(s) for Enclaves!

Lexus had REALLY step up to the plate or they are going to lose some business!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Looking over the older Polls, now that we've had our Enclave for about 6 months. It occurs to me that this poll could have used another choice... "We share".

·
Registered
139 Posts
I can't possibly relate
I purchased the Enclave for myself, no envy problem here!
Drive it as often as I want!
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
Technically, the Enclave is mine, but my wife and I share it equally. Even though I've had my Enclave for 15 months already, after driving my other car, my Enclave still puts a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel again. ;)

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
SkiForLife said:
I can't possibly relate
I purchased the Enclave for myself, no envy problem here!
Drive it as often as I want!
:cheers:
DITTO to this. Mine,mine,mine!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts