EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't normally drive the Enclave to work, it's my wifes car, but I did today. At the first traffic light, a Rendezvous pulls up along side of me and is practically drooling over the Enclave. That is not totally unexpected, since it was another Buick owner. What happened further down the road (local roads, not highway) was not expected, a Lexus RX350 driver flashed his lights and pulled over to the side of the road. It was obvious what he wanted, a better look. Now I wouldn't normally pull over, but today I did. He went on to say that since when does Buick make a car that looks better than his Lexus, inside and out. Another foreign car driver is now convinced that Buick is a real contender. :thumb:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well, there are at least two Lexus owners with Enclave envy! Our Enclave is driven by my wife most of the time, so this is her story as she related it to me. She had stopped for fuel the other day. What must have been a Lexus RX350 was parked at the next row of pumps. My wife was sort of eyeballing it, trying to figure out just what it was. When the owner came out from paying for his fuel they struck up a conversation about the two cars. I'm told it went on for close to five minutes. That is hard to believe because up to this point my wife hasn't been all that much in touch with the vehicles she drives. Anyway, this guy was just going on and on about how great this new Enclave is. Of course my wife could only agree. Over the past 1,200 miles or so she has stated time and again that she has never driven a better vehicle. Turns out he lives in Texas now but had been raised in the area and his father was a Buick dealer for years. Now that could have something to do with the raving, but he didn't have to sell my wife, she was already driving an Enclave. I'm just guessing, but I'll bet you dollars to donuts that when his current lease expires there will be one more Lexus convert behind the wheel of a new Enclave.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Don't you get beat up for driving a foriegn car is Texas???

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bsox said:
Don't you get beat up for driving a foriegn car is Texas???
Didn't JR Ewing drive a Mercedes?
In later years, he DID drive a Cadillac Allante'.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
AlanD said:
Interesting how he moved to American after he was shot.
My point exactly...coincidence??? I think not ;D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Too funny! We had a similar experience. We were at a stoplight when a guy two lanes over yelled out "What is that? whatever it is, I want one! It's beautiful!"

·
Registered
65 Posts
Heh, I figured in Texas, a foreign car was one from out of state, lol! :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
When I drive in my wife's Enclave, with the looks and interest and longing stares I get from other drivers, it's the closest I'll ever get to knowing what it must be like to be a beautiful woman with a big bosom! :angel:

Big Larry
[/color]

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Don't sell yourself so short...there's always plastic surgery, they can do wonders :drunk:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I do believe a quote from the wisdom of "Larry The Cable Guy" is apropos here: "I got yelled at by a stripper for putting monopoly money in her g-string. She yelled, 'that's fake money!'. I said to her, 'them's fake titties'! [har har har right there get 'r' done]

I hope I got the exact quote there.

Big Larry
[/color] :beer:
bsox said:
Don't sell yourself so short...there's always plastic surgery, they can do wonders :drunk:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Three days now and counting. Stopped at the local pizza placed last night to pick up supper. When I came out a saw a couple loading their kid into the back of a minivan (I had parked behind them). I heard her ask her husband what kind of car was behind them. He said he didn't know, some Buick, must be new...I kept walking, then I heard her say, well find out, I love that car. Now, I can't give all the credit to the Enclave as I am sure it was the combo of me and the car that got her interest ;D, but they were sure staring as I drove away, I think the rear view was the final hooray!!!!

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
A family in their Ford Winstar (or windstar, whatever it is a Ford! --> Fault Or Repair Daily) was contastly looking at my Enclave at a stop light, they stopped right next to me even though there was 3 cars length ahead of them. When the light turned green they slowed down went behind, checkout the behind then sped up up and checked the front, I had my windows down, but they never asked me anything, I would have gladly pulled over and have given them a tour :thumb:

·
Registered
525 Posts
coop said:
A family in their Ford Winstar (or windstar, whatever it is a Ford! --> Fault Or Repair Daily) was contastly looking at my Enclave at a stop light, they stopped right next to me even though there was 3 cars length ahead of them. When the light turned green they slowed down went behind, checkout the behind then sped up up and checked the front, I had my windows down, but they never asked me anything, I would have gladly pulled over and have given them a tour :thumb:
If they were driving a ford they were probably intimidated!!! ::)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Or if they pulled over they might be..

Found On Roadside Dead

;D

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
muljo said:
Found On Roadside Dead

;D
I like that! I m going to use this one from now on :D

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
We are such snobs, aren't we?! Lololololololol!![/color] :cheers:

:dancing:

I remember when someone told me GMC stands for "General messa crap"![/color]

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
For all you legal-eze type out there, can I be held responsible for strained necks or shoulders from people pointing at me and turning to look at the car...again I think its the car, could be me :thumb: This is getting kinda comical, everytime I drive I see at least one example of this. Chiropractors should buy Buick stock...

·
Registered
158 Posts
I went to a local Sam's club to have a plug put in my tire (turned out it didn't need it ... sweet!). The guys in the garage were drooling over my Enclave. They thought it was great. None of them had seen on before. These were all younger guys too. I'd say between the ages of 21-28. So much for the "old man" tag associated with Buicks in the past!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Well, I liked the Enclave so much that I ordered 2! I have been a LONG time Lexus driver and currently own an RX-330 and an LS-430.

The Enclave is MUCH quieter than my RX and is almost as comfortable as the LS. I may get rid of the LS and just have the Buicks.

I am so happy to find and American made car that can beat the Asian makret!

1 - 20 of 126 Posts