EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Buick enclave leather
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just brought my 2014 enclave to mechanic for the 3rd time less than a month. Code reader P1682 engine vibrate really hard, dash lights up traction control off,engine power down, stabilittrac, check engine light on. Usually when this happens I pull over turn key off take key out open/close door wait a few minutes & it'll start up. Runs a few days then happens again. Husband changed fuel pump, 2 relay switches,, & ignition switch ran for about 2weeks then same problem. Left me on side of the road 4 times already, had to get it towed to dealership. They changed ecm suv ran for a week & towed back to dealership. They kept for 3 days & changed a relay switch that my husband already changed. Week later problem occurs again check engine light on I drove it to a different mechanic hope to get better results. Does anyone have a clue to whats happening. Please help

·
Registered
377 Posts
I say your barking up the wrong tree.
P1682 is a diagnostic trouble code that indicates that the ignition switch is having a voltage problem. It is typically caused by a faulty ignition switch. There are two “circuits” to the ignition system. The first one goes to the ECM through the throttle actuator control.Jan 9, 2020

·
Registered
127 Posts
Check the cable connections at the battery to make sure they are tight. The battery is located under an access panel, passenger side floor behind the front passenger seat.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I wonder if you have them verify the ignition switch is working properly. Maybe that's the issue.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Deep six it. I'm about to trade mine in in 2021 Hyundai Palisade. 170k miles, just changed front Catalytic converter, 3 of the 4 O2 sensors and still getting CEL Codes. 9 years of headaches.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Deep six it. I'm about to trade mine in in 2021 Hyundai Palisade. 170k miles, just changed front Catalytic converter, 3 of the 4 O2 sensors and still getting CEL Codes. 9 years of headaches.....
****, with 6k posts here...I'd tend to believe what you say!

·
Registered
1 Posts
just brought my 2014 enclave to mechanic for the 3rd time less than a month. Code reader P1682 engine vibrate really hard, dash lights up traction control off,engine power down, stabilittrac, check engine light on. Usually when this happens I pull over turn key off take key out open/close door wait a few minutes & it'll start up. Runs a few days then happens again. Husband changed fuel pump, 2 relay switches,, & ignition switch ran for about 2weeks then same problem. Left me on side of the road 4 times already, had to get it towed to dealership. They changed ecm suv ran for a week & towed back to dealership. They kept for 3 days & changed a relay switch that my husband already changed. Week later problem occurs again check engine light on I drove it to a different mechanic hope to get better results. Does anyone have a clue to whats happening. Please help
When mine did that it was just before I had a stuck injector. $2500 to replace 3 injectors.

·
Registered
78 Posts
When my E was in the shop after the accident, they gave me a Palisade for my rental... I was VERY impressed and would consider it or the Telluride in the future. Only complaint was the wireless apple carplay kept dropping out. I used that as an excuse to switch rental vehicles, and was given an Explorer limited.... very nice as well, but useless 3rd row in it. And I grew up a Ford guy, yet I would find myself thinking about the Palisade/Telluride first if I were to buy new. I would honestly get the Telluride, as simply I prefer a shifter to a dial. In 2 years of owning the E, I was constantly battling it as well, nickel and dimed monthly.

Reactions: cfedor

·
Registered
2014 Buick enclave leather
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When mine did that it was just before I had a stuck injector. $2500 to replace 3 injectors.
Ouch. Well thank goodness this last mechanic got it right. Problem was the wiring harness which they had a bulletin about this issue. Parts & labor new mechanic $659.97. I don't understand why the dealership service department didn't look at this at the beginning. Had a rental car on/off for 6 weeks $1800, had suv towed twice to dealership $300, parts & labor at dealership $1400. Very disappointed at the dealership will be giving a bad review. Very unsafe driving with toddler & power just shuts down.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
When my E was in the shop after the accident, they gave me a Palisade for my rental... I was VERY impressed and would consider it or the Telluride in the future. Only complaint was the wireless apple carplay kept dropping out. I used that as an excuse to switch rental vehicles, and was given an Explorer limited.... very nice as well, but useless 3rd row in it. And I grew up a Ford guy, yet I would find myself thinking about the Palisade/Telluride first if I were to buy new. I would honestly get the Telluride, as simply I prefer a shifter to a dial. In 2 years of owning the E, I was constantly battling it as well, nickel and dimed monthly.
I see you sold the 2011, what did you end up with?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts