EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking at a couple different slightly used 2019 enclaves. One is Avenier. I had an 08 enclave & loved it. Actually, still have it because it’s worth more to me for an occasional trip, than I could ever get for it. I have a tendency to run cars until they die, so, I usually get my money’s worth. My question is, my 2008 had a couple of issues — it needed a transmission somewhere near 170,000 miles. I know, that’s not bad, but I’m seeing all these Hyundai and Toyotas that run 300000. I drive a lot. Second issue was water leaking in the sunroof. I know you need to clear the drain hole. But the second time the leak happened, the Buick was outside. It hadn’t been used for a while and the damage was horrible. Do the newer enclaves still have these issues? Would love to hear from some of you with something around 2017 or newer. Also, does anyone know if the quiet factor is really that much better than in the Chevy or GMC version of the car? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Got my 2018 Avenir in January, 2018. No problems whatsoever. I have almost 10,000 miles on it. Rides nice and quiet. Better than the others, don't know, However, the Buick touts that there is additional sound reduction materials utilized throughout.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also, does anyone know if the quiet factor is really that much better than in the Chevy or GMC version of the car? Thanks so much!
As far as the different versions of the car, the GMC Acadia is no longer the same car. It was redesigned in 2017 as a somewhat smaller vehicle. The 3rd row only seats 2 instead of the 3 seats that the Enclave and Traverse still accommodate. Only The 2017 Acadia Limited is the same size. I replaced my 2010 GMC Acadia with a 2016 Enclave and it is noticeably quieter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2019 avevir and wife has 2017 Acadia. The Buick is much quieter, smoother ride and just a better driving vehicle. ( the Acadia is the loaded limited)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
latunafish
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing