EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

How durable have your Enclave's leather seats been so far?

• Better than expected

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • About as expected

• Worse than expected

• Total voters
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
My '08 "Cherry-Ot" seats have held up VERY well. I have no cracks, to smashed cushion/padding, no worn/discolored leather areas. It looks like it is still new.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So far, the Enclave's leather seating surfaces seem to be holding up rather well, according to this poll. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
My '08 still lookeed great after 139,000 miles.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So far, over 82% of responders feel that the Enclave's leather is as good as or better than expected. That is a good sign of the overall quality of the leather in these cars compared to the industry average. Out of curiosity, could some of the responders indicate which other cars they're comparing to the Enclave?

·
Registered
795 Posts
FortWayne1 said:
GoldEnclave, Comparing to an '05 Town and Country. The leather in the Enclave is far superior in durability.
Oh really, I'm not sure how that is possible since Magna seating (makes the seats for the Town and Country) and Johnson Controls (makes the seats for the Lambda's thru sub Bridgewater Interiors), buy their seat covers from the same vendor in Mexico. The leather is the same quality.

·
Registered
177 Posts
gostate said:
Oh really, I'm not sure how that is possible since Magna seating (makes the seats for the Town and Country) and Johnson Controls (makes the seats for the Lambda's thru sub Bridgewater Interiors), buy their seat covers from the same vendor in Mexico. The leather is the same quality.
I'm not sure how you got into my garage, GoState, to see the condition of my leather seats. :confused:

·
Registered
795 Posts
FortWayne1 said:
I'm not sure how you got into my garage, GoState, to see the condition of my leather seats. :confused:
How did your seats look 3 years ago? My point is your vehicles are 3 years apart and the Chrysler has more years and mileage on it and after you got the Buick you most likely treated the Chrysler different than you did when it was a primary vehicle and you started to baby the buick because it was all new. Lets look at the leather seats in a 2008 Town and Country that has been driven similarly to your Buick and see how that Leather is holding up. The leather these manufacturers use come from the same mills and vendors. My brother in law is a buyer for Magna seating and quite often runs into buyers from other seating companies, Lear and Johnson Controls at the primary supplier in Mexico of the seat covers.

·
Registered
177 Posts
This seams very dear to you, gostate. Please, let's attempt to keep this a forum kind and reasonable. I assume GoldEnclave's request was not "only reply if you have similar year vehicles with similar miles!" If you have a problem with the subjective poll or subsequent request from GoldEnclave to list the car you're comparing to, take it up with GoldEnclave. But I thought the question from GoldEnclave was reasonable and helpful to the forum, and I think the opinion in my response was also reasonable. Let's keep perspective, no reason for a flame war over leather seats.

·
Registered
795 Posts
FortWayne1 said:
This seams very dear to you, gostate. Please, let's attempt to keep this a forum kind and reasonable. I assume GoldEnclave's request was not "only reply if you have similar year vehicles with similar miles!" If you have a problem with the subjective poll or subsequent request from GoldEnclave to list the car you're comparing to, take it up with GoldEnclave. But I thought the question from GoldEnclave was reasonable and helpful to the forum, and I think the opinion in my response was also reasonable. Let's keep perspective, no reason for a flame war over leather seats.
Sorry to upset you so much, I don't see where any of my comments were unkind or unreasonable. Much of my life and career has been around seating. You brought up the comparison to an 05 Town and Country, not me. I was just pointing out that to make that comparison you must be comparing apples to apples. The Town and Country was redone for 2008 as was the Enclave introduced that would be an equal comparison.

·
Registered
177 Posts
gostate said:
Sorry to upset you so much, I don't see where any of my comments were unkind or unreasonable. Much of my life and career has been around seating. You brought up the comparison to an 05 Town and Country, not me. I was just pointing out that to make that comparison you must be comparing apples to apples. The Town and Country was redone for 2008 as was the Enclave introduced that would be an equal comparison.
First, and most important, you did not upset me. GoldEnclave, for whom I have deep respect, requested this: "Out of curiosity, could some of the responders indicate which other cars they're comparing to the Enclave?" I simply responded. I felt you were being unkind when you said, "Oh really, I'm not sure how that is possible..." and perhaps a bit unreasonable when you were critical that I would compare my other vehicles (which reasonably would have different mileage and age) exactly as GoldEnclave suggested we do. Okay, off my soapbox. Let's get back to the topic at hand, the Enclave.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
gostate said:
Not necessarily true. I worked in tier one OEM seating for over 13 years for three different suppliers (JCI, Lear, and Douglas & Lomason, who was bought out by Magna). The leather specifications for the different companies were very likely different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
After some deeper inspection, it wasn't that the leather was bad, the foam by the drivers side had slid off the metal frame in the seat causing the leather to give more than it was intending which caused the cracking. I used a small wood rod to shift it back, but it doesn't stay. I can't post the picture's for some reason.

·
Registered
657 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
Any updates? :popcorn:
Yeah, I realized I like cloth seats better. Not too warm in the summer and not too cold in winter. Leather seat always need heated/cooled seats option :)

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
john 070 said:
Our seats had an issue from delivery. There was a TSB...I think our car had <70 miles when the dealer applied the TSB.
TSB? Tan Saddle Butter?

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Paul2010 said:
Yeah, I realized I like cloth seats better. Not too warm in the summer and not too cold in winter. Leather seat always need heated/cooled seats option :)
:ditto:

21 - 39 of 39 Posts