EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enclave Lift Gate Height

You had better insure that you have 87" clearance if you intend to raise your liftgate inside your garage.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Re: Enclave Lift Gate Height

If you don't have the clearance you need to do what I did. The points on the door where it might hit I covered with foam. Its really no different than when I had my 3 previous vans. The Enclave raises the hatch & hits the foam but does not reverse....good thing. Seems to work out fine.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

We can't pull ours forward enough (work bench!) to clear the bottom edge of the overhead door, in it's fully raised position. If we open the hatch in the garage, it just kisses the lower door lip. So knowing myself well......I put one of those 2" X 18" rubber strips, designed as a stick-on bumper protector, on the inner bottom of garage door. Now if I hit the button by mistake, when the hatch lifts up, it hits soft rubber. (Sometimes auto-reverses, as the clearance is that critical.)

That's the game for now! :thumb:

·
Registered
325 Posts

You know you can turn off the automatic hatch opener on the Clave & open it manually in the garage. The switch is to the right front of the gear shift lever.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

what button do you press to open the backend from inside the enclave? i thought it was the little on off swithch infront of the shifter for it but that didnt work?!

·
Registered
325 Posts

The same button.....its a rocker type of button that you push the top & it opens. Push the bottom of the button & it turns off..

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

huh, does the key have to be in the ignition?

·
Registered
260 Posts

No it doesn't

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts

This thread cracks me up. We're all excited about the automatic liftgate but no one can figure out how to shut it off to lift it the old fashioned way. Good stuff. ;D :D

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

its no fun lifting it the old way if it is power!!

·
Registered
249 Posts

Has anyone tried stopping the automatic open (or close) at mid-stream. It makes a loud popping sound to disengage the connection. It doesn't sound very good and I think it's "unhealthy" for the system. I can understand during an emergency or when you have no choice, but to use it an everyday option instead of using the switch, I don't know. What do you guys think?

R

·
0 Posts

FlavaClav said:
Has anyone tried stopping the automatic open (or close) at mid-stream. It makes a loud popping sound to disengage the connection. It doesn't sound very good and I think it's "unhealthy" for the system. I can understand during an emergency or when you have no choice, but to use it an everyday option instead of using the switch, I don't know. What do you guys think?
i think somthings wrong, my acadia never did that, it just stoped and went in the opisit direction, no pop, did it very silently. outher than the motor gron

·
Registered
249 Posts

It'll do that first - move to the opposite direction, but if you hold and push towards the opposite direction again, it'll pop to disengage the power. It's an alarming sound - sounds like a metal breaking off. We'll probably not do that again.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

FlavaClav said:
It's like a tension spring spring , ball & socket joint. Looks pretty durable, but I would not do it everyday! It's main function is an emergency/unexpected event, bypass device. The switch is the real turn-off device. And no, the key doesn't have to be on to activate lift gate from dash, but vehicle must be in PARK.

We now turn ours OFF when parking in the garage. Put it back on while driving so it's ready for the mall! :thumb:
THX for good advice.

·
Registered
214 Posts

Smokin SRX said:
We now turn ours OFF when parking in the garage. Put it back on while driving so it's ready for the mall! :thumb:
THX for good advice.
Also watch parking structures. I don't have a problem in my garage, so forgot about clearance until I got out in one. Cleared by an inch, but I sure choked seeing it.

Wayne

1 - 15 of 15 Posts