EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get great comments all the time about my gorgeous new White Diamond CXL AWD. Then, it's always followed with, what did ya pay for it? One co-worker teased I made too much money! Another said what did THAT cost $80 grand? (i assume he was teasing). I love the great comments but all the questions about what I paid for it make me a little uneasy!
Just curious if anyone else is getting that from anyone?

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Yes, it appears to be much more expensive than it really is (not that it is cheap).
This is THE vehicle that will start to bring Buick back to its former glory. ;D ;D
The Lucerne and LaCrosse are good cars, better than they are made out to be, but the Enclave is GREAT. :cheers:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yup, and I don't even have mine yet ;D. When I tell my friends that we ordered one and I show them pictures or the videos/commercials at Buick.com, they go ooohhh, ahhhh then "How much does it cost?".

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just tell them the Enclave is $58,000 Canadian. That will impress them. Mine listed for about $53,000 (you can get one up to almost $60K with DVD and nav) which makes no sense as the US dollar is about 1.12 right now...so we are obviously getting hosed by GM in Canada. Yes, admin, we are on to them but dumb enough to pay it anyway. The Enclave is the same price as the Lexus 330 so we have to really like it to pay these prices. Still, any decent SUV is over $50K here so no-one thinks we are crazy when we pay this for a decent truck. I did get about $3,000 off since I know the new manager.

What were we talking about again? Oh yah, no, I didn't like Dances With Wolves.

·
Registered
525 Posts
After everyone "oohs and aahs" when they see my Enclave, I tell them it's the stripped down model. They don't believe me, so I tell them for 8 to 10 grand more they can get one really tricked out. That's one of the things that is really great about the Enclave, even a base model has all that style and luxury built right into it! ;D

·
Registered
577 Posts
AlanD said:
Just tell them the Enclave is $58,000 Canadian. That will impress them. Mine listed for about $53,000 (you can get one up to almost $60K with DVD and nav) which makes no sense as the US dollar is about 1.12 right now...so we are obviously getting hosed by GM in Canada. Yes, admin, we are on to them but dumb enough to pay it anyway. The Enclave is the same price as the Lexus 330 so we have to really like it to pay these prices. Still, any decent SUV is over $50K here so no-one thinks we are crazy when we pay this for a decent truck. I did get about $3,000 off since I know the new manager.

What were we talking about again? Oh yah, no, I didn't like Dances With Wolves.
The conversion today is 1.05 and they are just over 60K loaded. I'm sure that makes you feel better.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Great. Everyone on this forum talks about these $35 - $40K Enclaves. That would be $38 - $44K CDN at 1.10. $44K might just barely get you into the most basic vehicle but it won't come with wheels ar gas for that price. Our beer is better so I guess we're even. :cheers:

·
Registered
116 Posts
AlanD said:
Great. Everyone on this forum talks about these $35 - $40K Enclaves. That would be $38 - $44K CDN at 1.10. $44K might just barely get you into the most basic vehicle but it won't come with wheels ar gas for that price. Our beer is better so I guess we're even. :cheers:
I feel royally ripped off at the Canadian prices too - if I was buying instead of leasing, I'd have bought in the US. Even with tax and changing the speedo/headlights/airbag warning into French, it must still be a huge saving :eek:

Still, at least we seem to have the availability here :D

·
Registered
577 Posts
butterscotch said:
I feel royally ripped off at the Canadian prices too - if I was buying instead of leasing, I'd have bought in the US. Even with tax and changing the speedo/headlights/airbag warning into French, it must still be a huge saving :eek:

Still, at least we seem to have the availability here :D
There is availability due to high cost.....that must be why the interest rates are 1.9% for 3 yrs.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
jacko said:
After everyone "oohs and aahs" when they see my Enclave, I tell them it's the stripped down model. They don't believe me, so I tell them for 8 to 10 grand more they can get one really tricked out. That's one of the things that is really great about the Enclave, even a base model has all that style and luxury built right into it! ;D
I always skirt that "how much was it?" question the same way. :cheers:

I have to laugh though because my boss refuses to buy a new car because they depreciate so badly in the first few years. However, I spent 10K less on my new Enclave than he did on his used Lexus GX.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Enclave is by no means a "cheap" vehicle, but I have driven my bosses Escalade a few times and its every bit as nice, and $20,000 less! Considering the likes of other cadillacs and Lexes's, it's a very good value. :thumb:

R

·
0 Posts
Vikchic said:
The Enclave is by no means a "cheap" vehicle, but I have driven my bosses Escalade a few times and its every bit as nice, and $20,000 less! Considering the likes of other cadillacs and Lexes's, it's a very good value. :thumb:
i think you mean the esclade is 20000 more, my mother had one. but i think it is just a yukon with a cadillac logo on it. and 20000 more for the same features.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I've already had people ask me, seriously, how much I'm spending on my Enclave! So really, what is a good comeback when you really don't wish to say..."Enough!" is all I can think of...?

Patiently waiting for[/color] "Blue Sapphire"[/color]... :angel:

·
Registered
743 Posts
That answer gets the message across. I can't think of a better answer without being downright rude or smart alecky. Take care. 8)

·
Registered
525 Posts
An old saying..."If you have to ask, it's too much!"

·
Registered
313 Posts
you mean can't afford it?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just say, "nothing. Buick gave me a $40,000 rebate! The only one they had left!" LOL

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
My brother in law and a collegue at work both are big german car guys, they only get Germans and to them even Audi is not up to the level of what they drive, which only leaves room for BMW and Mercedes.

Anyways, both of them saw my Enclave they liked the style, room etc. But when I told them the price both said the same thing, "you paid this much for a BUICK! you should have gotten an X5 or Lexus etc or even an Audi!"

So, I guess many "status type" won't see the brand to be as expensive as the vehicle itself is. Sure you get a lot more in return than what 45K would buy you in an X5 or anyother german car. RX350 is not even a comparision since it is not the same size or passenger capacity.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts