1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
154 Posts
LOVE THAT -- the whole thing -- LOVE IT. Thanks for posting that Gmoney.

Lisa

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Good to see that.

:eek:fftopic:
By the way, has one picked up the January edition of Motor Trend. They have awarded 2008 CTS to be the Car of the Year!! pretty good to hear that GM is doing great, in the same issue they also raved about the new Malibu and in previous issue when they reviewed vehicles of SUV of the Year title, they had good remarks on the Enclave, except that its off road capbilities and sluggish tranmission held it from earning SUOTY award.

·
Registered
389 Posts
coop said:
Good to see that.

:eek:fftopic:
By the way, has one picked up the January edition of Motor Trend. They have awarded 2008 CTS to be the Car of the Year!! pretty good to hear that GM is doing great, in the same issue they also raved about the new Malibu and in previous issue when they reviewed vehicles of SUV of the Year title, they had good remarks on the Enclave, except that its off road capbilities and sluggish tranmission held it from earning SUOTY award.
Too bad the transmission does that when new. After break in, mine is impressive.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they should do one of those long term road tests. and then see how it feels...

·
Registered
83 Posts
coop said:
...when they reviewed vehicles of SUV of the Year title, they had good remarks on the Enclave, except that its off road capabilities and sluggish transmission held it from earning SUOTY award.
yeah, I read that too. But they overlooked the fact that it is not an SUV and is classified as a crossover. The reason being that it is not intended as an off road vehical at all.
It's no different than saying that the CTS doesnt have a good towing capability....it's not supposed to. ::)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I really liked the list review and criteria used, but one fact I found hard to believe is: "The Buick dealership is also rated tops; the brand came in second place in J.D. Power's 2007 CSI study for 2007--ahead of Cadillac".

I know no two dealers are alike, but I was in several looking for the Enclave and the service area, amenities, and many of the sales people seemed very ‘average’. Certainly when my wife had her BMW the dealership/service was very good, though what they charged for service it should have been. Our Honda dealership experiences have been very pleasant, and the stories my friends tell of what their Lexus dealers do seems unparalleled.

Anyways I feel like I'm buying my car from a Chevy dealership that sells Buicks so I think that make a big difference, but does any GM dealership just sell 1 kind of car anymore?

Anyways I should have mine very soon, and hope to not have to deal with my dealer for a long time!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Re: Enclave Makes #4 on Forbes best luxury cars FOR THE BUCK!!

I added "for the buck" to my subject line to reflect the qualification of the Forbes' listing.

What really interested me is that they classified Enclave as a "luxury car", not an SUV, not a crossover. This is great; it is positioned as the modern "Roadmaster" or "Estate Wagon" with a benefit: plenty of versatile room inside. This also helps distinguish it (and the "Buick" Marque) from the GMC, Saturn, and Chevy siblings.

Just what Buick intended, fortified by the "hard to get" production schedule. Same platform, but higher entry point, and appeals to customers who will be inclined to "load up" with expensive options. That's us, folks!

PS: Just saw the post that Enclave is up for "truck of the year"! Hah! Apparently professional auto writers can't distinguish a sedan from a pickup. But as long as they LIKE it ....

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
There are a few (very few) stand alone Buick dealers left. The dealer I purchased my Buicks from is one of them. The service has been superior. :thumb:

MRBUICK

·
Registered
379 Posts
MRBUICK,

I did the same thing. My Buick dealer in Norman is actually a family owned dealership. The owner, his wife and his mother all work there.

I have never been in the dealership that I didn't at least see him, usually all 3 of them. If you met them in the middle of the road, you would swear they were just good old country folk...my kind of people!

Anyway, I purchased a GMC Pickup from them YEARS ago and had to take it in 1 time for service. You would have thought I was an old friend the way I was treated! When I went back to order the first Enclave, the owner & his wife recognized me and came over to chat, check on my (now late) mother (they remembered that she was down there last time) and my aunt.

THESE are the type of people I love to deal with. As long as they are owned by the same family, I will do my best to keep my business with them!

I get good treatment at the Lexus dealership but NOTHING like this!

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
OKCCowboy,
I know I paid a little more than at one of the competing Buick/Pontiac/GMC dealers, but the value added such as free loaner cars for service for the life of the vehicle, the pleasant low pressure buying experience, and exemplary service, makes this family owned dealership worth every penny.
As I found out with experience, the best price isn't always the best value. I have purchased approx. 10 new cars in my life, and this is the ONLY dealer that earned repeat business. :thumb:

PS When I was contemplating replacing my 85 Park Avenue that I purchased elsewhere, I scheduled a service appointment with my current dealer to "test" the service department. Even though I never set foot in this dealer previously, they treated me like a lifetime customer. I was sold, and my Enclave is the third Buick from this dealer from the same salesman.

·
Registered
379 Posts
MRBUICK,

I actually got the best deal at this dealership! They are a big dealership, 5 star, but still family owned and operated.

I agree with you though, the best price is not always the best value. The Lexus dealership always treats me well, but for what those cars cost they should! The Buick delaership is by far the best experience in a "normal" priced car dealership I have ever had.

I will buy from my salesman / delaership as long as Buick makes great vehicles. My next purchase is going to be a diesel pickup next year.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The dealership I went to was great for sales; I have not had to use service yet so I can't judge that yet, but if it is anything close to every encounter I had in sales, I expect it to be good.

They go back to 1915, now owned by the grandson of the original owner. Still have the same Buick sign out front as in the 1960s. They are also GMC and Pontiac, but they are great for all three.

Richard

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all. First post. Looking for a new Enclave and trying to do my homework. I have a 2001 Highlander that I bought used and have loved it, but I like the look of the Enclave and would like a new car now. My dealership is Buick only and overall I like it. Not as good as my BMW dealership as I nearly feel guilty not buying from my Bimmer guy. I even bought my Toyota from him, lol. I've enjoyed reading everyones thoughts on the car etc...When I decide to pull the trigger, I'm sure that I'll ask you all how to get the best deal. Right now I'm thinking that it will be totally loaded as I think I want the nav and dvd in a car like this.

I actually bought my first car at the Mazda dealer in Norman back in 82 when I graduated from OU. I had a great experience. Maybe I should fly out and then drive back, lol....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts