EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being laid off and have had to cancel my order. All my excitement is over. Good luck all.

A

·
0 Posts
Re: Enclave Pictures

I'll be integrating a photo gallery in both forums soon (assuming it works as planned). So you can do that, or if you don't want to wait, use a photo sharing site like photobucket or photos.yahoo.com

A

·
0 Posts
Re: Enclave Pictures

Ok, I decided to use enclaveforum.net as a testbed for the gallery software. I got the free version installed, so go ahead and upload some pics when you have time. There's a "Pro" version which adds quite a bit of functionality (personal galleries, image rating, bulk uploads, etc) but it's kind of expensive, so let's test the free version for at least a little while to make sure it works pretty well with its basic feature set.
It doesn't appear to have a slideshow feature built into it, which is pretty disappointing.

There's another gallery app that I want to evaluate as well that seems to be more full featured (but not tied as closely into the forum as this one). I'll probably do that one soon to compare...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Horta- you can post those pics now, the gallery is up. Sorry i am very impatient. ;D
i am also trying to get some more conversations on here.

A

·
0 Posts
Horta - I'd like to see them too, but please don't delete them from your PC. I plan on testing another gallery soon and these current pics will probably disappear and have to be re-uploaded (although the next one should allow bulk uploads, so to save yourself some effort, you might just pick 4 or 5 of your favorites to post for now... sorry for the confusion, but I'm not at all happy that this gallery doesn't offer a slideshow option, even in "Pro" form.

A

·
0 Posts
actually, I'm going to disable the gallery for now. If I have time, I'm going to start testing the other one today...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Horta- what are the details on the Enclave you ordered?

A

·
0 Posts
OK, I've got the basic framework for the new gallery online, but there are a ton of settings and it's too late for me to set them up now. Anyway, to login, use your same password as your member account. ON the default theme, there's a tiny link on the top right corner to get to your personal gallery where you can upload pics. There are MANY ways to upload pictures (1 at a time, transfer from other web hosts, even a java applet that lets you do bulk uploads 8MB at a time - which is the server max). Test it out, try to upload some pics, add comments, rate pictures, view slideshows, etc. I'll spend some more time with this tomorrow and try to get it a bit more user friendly and possibly change themes...

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Admin- I like this Gallery alot more! I works really well, sofar.

A

·
0 Posts
Yup, this one is definitely going to be better. There area ton of options still to mess with, I just turned on the little "link to personal gallery" icon though - do you see that?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
is it the little camera over by your location on every post?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Hey Horta your giving use false hope's on the picture's! :'( :'( :'( :'( :-\ :-[ :mad: :(

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Those are really good pictures! Thanks! I think that the grey interior looks really really really bad!!! At least in the picture. I really want to see the ebony interior, because that is what we would get!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Horta's Pictures

Shappy

Hey thank you for posting the pictures. I hope all will enjoy...

Jerry

A

·
0 Posts
Guys,

I just checked the gallery with my normal user account and don't see either the comments already added or the link to add new comments in any album. Do you see the "Add Comments" link and/or the comments that already exist?

A

·
0 Posts
Horta, just read your updated original post - wow, that sucks man. Good luck with the job hunt. Last time I got laid off, it was a blessing in disguise as my next job ended up being MUCH better. Maybe you'll have the same luck and you'll be able to jump back on that Enclave order soon!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts