EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I was chatting with someone today who's traveled to Dubai. He confirmed that the extreme rides that the police force uses is fact.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did some google search:

the license plate shows it is from Hubei Province (a large province in Central China, the first Chinese character is the short name of Hubei in Chinese), the C stands for the third largest city of this province, so here it is city of ShiYan, which is famous of another alias "Detroit in China", it's the home of many joint ventures and places of manufacturer such as Japanese Nissan, French Peugeot, French Citroën and etc, as well as many other Chinese own motor vehicle makes.

in this photo, the two Chinese characters on the passengers side (one word) means Public Security, aka Chinese Police. this License plate C8888 basically is the best one, number 8 stands for Rich in Chinese culture, the plate for the municipal/mayor/congressman starts with 0001, 0002 and etc.

btw the 5-character sign on the building means "Waste Management/Transfer Sation"

I did a google on this city of ShiYan, it's also a famous historic city with thousands years of culture, home of famous Wudang Moutain, Taichi and Taoism; look at the panoramic photo, it is just third large city in one province of China, with a population about 4 millions, there are 150 other cities in China are larger than this.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Johnny, good information and beautiful photos. Thanks!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
12 Posts
rockyp said:
Johnny, good information and beautiful photos. Thanks!!! :cheers:
old photos from another city in HuNan Province, which is the neighbor on the south of the HuBei Province I menioned above, Google shows that HuNan province is the Home of Mao ZeDong (who lead the Chinese revolution and found the new Chinese government)

the sign shows that it the cars are for Special Unit of Police (Public Security), aka SWAT in China.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Was wondering if Buick actually made a police model in the far east. I know Buick sales in general are hot in China, but these pretty much look like stock spec cars with decals and lights attached.

When I say a real police model, I'm meaning a factory version like the Explorers that are showing up so commonly in the US. The police Explorers have hundreds of mods from lowered suspensions, bigger brakes, 18" steel wheels, column mounted shifters and heavy duty electricals and peripherals.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I Don't think so..

Buick is one of the official vehicle suppliers (as a foreign make) in China.

GerryL said:
Was wondering if Buick actually made a police model in the far east. I know Buick sales in general are hot in China, but these pretty much look like stock spec cars with decals and lights attached.

When I say a real police model, I'm meaning a factory version like the Explorers that are showing up so commonly in the US. The police Explorers have hundreds of mods from lowered suspensions, bigger brakes, 18" steel wheels, column mounted shifters and heavy duty electricals and peripherals.

·
Registered
12 Posts
not exactly, as far as I know they treat Buick more like VW, or might be a little bit higher. But indeed Chinese market has been saving lots of European auto makers, e.g. Germany Volkswagon and Audi. Same to Buick, the sales has been booming in China for more than a decade, especially on the sedan models including LaCrosse and Regal, for the crossover, EnCore and Envision are popular, also they have a MPV called GL8 for business use and now family use.

The Chinese market advocates Volkswagon too much, sounds like you are driving a Mercedes when you are driving a Passat, Tiguan or Touareg.

galapagos said:
I heard that Chinese consider Buick as Mercedes.. They love it more than Mercedes

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
A number of years back, the Chinese regarded Buick as a true luxury brand. With the introduction of higher end automobile brands to the Chinese market in recent years, Buick's rank has settled a bit toward it's actual position as an entry-level luxury brand.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts