EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Production of the Enclave was supposed to start yesterday - April 2nd. Does anyone know it production actually started?

If so, what was the first vehicle off the line? CX or CXL? Color?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I would ask enclave8j100001 he's the inside guy, with all the answers!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Now that the Enclave's are rolling off the assembly line. Does anybody know how many they are building per day and how many will be built when things to to a full production schedule?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Don Willems posted the following on the saturnfans forum:

Without overtime we produce about 17520 units a month. But we worked both shifts last weekend, and are going to be working both shifts this weekend and second shift on the 19.

about 20% Outlook
about 50% Acaida
about 30% Enclave

Here's the link: http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99355

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ticner58 said:
Now that the Enclave's are rolling off the assembly line. Does anybody know how many they are building per day and how many will be built when things to to a full production schedule?
THEY ARE TAKING FOREVER NOTHING HAS REACHED CALI YET :binky:

·
Registered
577 Posts
We have them in Southern Ontario. However we live less than 2 hours from the Plant.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Canuck said:
We have them in Southern Ontario. However we live less than 2 hours from the Plant.
TOO MUCH GOING ON IN ONE PLANT :confused: PUSHING 3 DIFFERENT CARS OUT OF ONE PLACE :ack: NO WONDER THE ORDERS ARE SO SLOW.... :sosad: :eek:hno:

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Either that or they didn't anticipate this kind of demand. :binky:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Look at it this way. 30% of 17,520 is 5256 Enclaves a month. Divide that by 30 days and the plant could produce 175 a day (without overtime).

Using those numbers and not counting weekends, Buick might supply all 6000 dealer orders by the end of May. Even if it’s more like 100 a day, the advance dealer orders would only take until mid June.

Also, since there are around 2000 Buick dealers in the US, each dealer should have one or two in stock shortly. Just Google “Enclave inventory VIN” and you’ll see them all around the county.

I’m not too sure about demand at this point. The news flash at the top mentioned 52 sold in April when probably 1500 were made. There will be another few thousand coming in May so I doubt you’ll have a hard time finding them.

I’ve test driven three CXL’s in the DC area. One salesman just tossed me the keys and said “see you when you get back”! I was thrilled.

Enclave happiness is only a few days away!

Greg
(I’m holding out for a Ming Blue/Titanium CXL AWD myself)

·
Registered
743 Posts
Ming Blue is beautiful. I drove one last Saturday. :blob:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
GreginMD said:
Look at it this way. 30% of 17,520 is 5256 Enclaves a month. Divide that by 30 days and the plant could produce 175 a day (without overtime).

Using those numbers and not counting weekends, Buick might supply all 6000 dealer orders by the end of May. Even if it’s more like 100 a day, the advance dealer orders would only take until mid June.

Also, since there are around 2000 Buick dealers in the US, each dealer should have one or two in stock shortly. Just Google “Enclave inventory VIN” and you’ll see them all around the county.

I’m not too sure about demand at this point. The news flash at the top mentioned 52 sold in April when probably 1500 were made. There will be another few thousand coming in May so I doubt you’ll have a hard time finding them.

I’ve test driven three CXL’s in the DC area. One salesman just tossed me the keys and said “see you when you get back”! I was thrilled.

Enclave happiness is only a few days away!

Greg
(I’m holding out for a Ming Blue/Titanium CXL AWD myself)
being that that is spread across 50 states plus canada that is truly not a lot of cars.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts