EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across this review today by a respected lexus member on their forum board. As an Enclave owner that looked at the Lexus RX350, I found myself laughing at some of his review and the some of the comments that followed. I'm curious to see what you all think. He almosted sounded like some older lady that was hot in high school and thinks Halle Berry looks alright. Whatever makes you feel better.

·
Registered
758 Posts
smokeyy said:
I ran across this review today by a respected Lexus member on their forum board. As an Enclave owner that looked at the Lexus RX350, I found myself laughing at some of his review and the some of the comments that followed. I'm curious to see what you all think. He almost sounded like some older lady that was hot in high school and thinks Halle Berry looks alright. Whatever makes you feel better.
I think your post did not have a link to the review mentioned. I would be very curious to see their point of view.

Please post the link. Thanks.

TM

·
Registered
758 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Its a silly review for a variety of reasons:

First of all, he can't spell. A pet peeve of mine. Its Buick Rendezvous, not "Rondevous!"

Second, he seems to think that the Enclave has too much body roll. WTF? I must be driving a different vehicle. The handling on the Enclave is terrific. If anything, the steering is too fast on the Enclave, which he seems to think is too slow. For such a large vehicle, its spot on IMO.

Third, he complains first about the Buick web site, which I haven't had any trouble with whatsoever, and harps on it several times. Must be a lot of trouble for these hand fed Lexus types, no? (sorry fellow Lexi owners)

Fourth, his next complaint is about the plastic engine cover!!! WTF! I've played with it and it is a superior design. Just not up to Mercedes flashy show car standards. I like the GM basic engineering look to it!

Fifth, he complains about the paint and choices of colors! Has anyone on this web site had any complaints like this? From what I've read, it seems to be one of the best things about the Enclave! This guy must have been drunk looking at the Buick. I will admit, Lexi are quite obsessed with the glazed polished chrome look, even in the nice pictures on their Club Lexus web site. I like it up until we get to see the gold trim on the geezer models!!!

Sixth, he complains about the manual adjust steering wheel! How about ordering the optional power steering wheel and then talk!

Seventh, a cheap looking roof rack and side mirrors???? Wow. Our Enclave roof rack, although a little more complex to figure out, looks like a leap in technology - much better for keeping its polish and function in the long run. The shape of the side mirrors is a little thin at the edges, I will admit.

Eighth: he criticizes the rear wiper arm. WTF! The Enclave wiper arm is very solidly built and should outlast anything I've had or seen. Maybe he's not into its square look!

Ninth: tinny sounding doors? Now that's a good one! I can't even hear the darn door mechanism when I close it, its so well insulated with its triple rubber strips.

Otherwise, he has some valid points about the "Park-bench-flat, unsupportive leather seats" and "Engine could use more torque." And of course he mentions a lot of positives, some things that are not covered in typical car magazine reviews like the center arm rest and the super slick air vents.

Interesting that some Lexus owners are so picky about superficial flash and perception. I can still see some of the basic GM engineering coming through in the Enclave, some not so flashy, but home grown nevertheless and NOT FAKE LIKE A LEXUS!!!!

Cheers

TM

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I thought he was pretty positive overall with his review and his observation about platic parts is very accurate. I give him credit for the review, I read further down the thread and apparently this person is retired and just goes to a car lot and picks out a vehicle to drive and review. Pretty neat of him to do and although I don't agree totally with him on his review his point that the vehicle he test drove was in the mid $40,ooo range and shouldn't have inferior parts in some areas is valid. Have we as a soceity accepted the fact you pay alot of money for a vehicle and accept standard or substandard parts? Secondly his observation about China getting better quality parts for its Buick lines than the US, if it can be verified, supports what I just said about accepting mediocrity at times.

·
Registered
758 Posts
PAPoPo said:
I thought he was pretty positive overall with his review and his observation about platic parts is very accurate. I give him credit for the review, I read further down the thread and apparently this person is retired and just goes to a car lot and picks out a vehicle to drive and review. Pretty neat of him to do and although I don't agree totally with him on his review his point that the vehicle he test drove was in the mid $40,ooo range and shouldn't have inferior parts in some areas is valid. Have we as a soceity accepted the fact you pay alot of money for a vehicle and accept standard or substandard parts? Secondly his observation about China getting better quality parts for its Buick lines than the US, if it can be verified, supports what I just said about accepting mediocrity at times.
There was an article about driving an Enclave in China, on Forbes I think, with no mention of inferior parts on the US version, but that is certainly possible.

I also found the review positive reading the fine print, but overall negative in its context in the Lexus forum.

It is interesting that the Enclave is still thought of as a mid-size SUV competitor even though its larger than a Tahoe. Must be the large wheels, huge emblems, enormous grill, and curvy exterior making it look proportionally smaller.

TM

·
Registered
333 Posts
Tin Man said:
Its a silly review for a variety of reasons:

Cheers

TM
:ditto: :ditto: :ditto:
TM..very well said, I was too tired to respond to that review last night. The only thing I can think of is that he was confused, he reviews so many cars that he put the wrong rear wiper and so fourth with the wrong car.

The handling....I still comment everytime I take an off-ramp in the Enclave, the lack of body roll is suprising to me!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I love the fact that he complained about the rear wiper not moving but a few inches away from the window when my RX had the exact same type of wiper setup!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts