EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the family to Holland, MI for a few days -- and drove a few miles N to Grand Haven to check out the lakefront, the downtown shops, etc.

So, to remind me of the pain of having to wait, as we strolled down the main street, the last parallel parking spot was taken by a White Diamond CXL loaded with every option. We've seen so few on the road and knowing ours is on order, but still in order limbo at 1100, it was really hard to see it sitting there looking all groovy. So, the 4 of us milled around while hoping that the owner would return so we could ask him/her a few questions about how they liked it, how long they had it -- what was the drive like up from the Chicago area.

Oh yeah, that was the 2nd killer -- it had IL plates on it and a suburban village sticker on the windshield. But after waiting nearly 20 minutes, the owner never showed and we got tired of waiting. My wife asked if those were the wheels I ordered for her Enclave. Why, yes ;D those were the 19" chrome wheels she would be getting! Although we had driven an Enclave several weeks ago, it has been quite some time since we've seen another. So it was both nice and maddening to see this one here -- I could tell my wife and my teenage daughters really want this NOW!

Anyway else have this sort of experience -- Enclave envy?
C'mon Buick, please give my dealer the allocations he needs so you can at least put me in line and build it!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
yes.... i totally understand eventhough the ones ive been seeing are just rentals they are still enclaves and im getting a little pee'd.... i bet they wont have this problem w/the chevy lambda since it is getting an entire plant all to itself for building.... GO FIGURE

·
Registered
65 Posts
That's because the Traverse (Chevy) will be the volume leader Lambda, even below the Saturn Outlook, the only consolation will be that like most Chevys, it will be plasticky and ugly. Hehe..

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I saw "my" Gold Mist Buick Enclave at a dealer about 3 weeks ago. It was beautiful... :eek:

But my dealer was trying to do a trade with this dealer for another customer (who came before me!) and I had to promise not to buy it, just go look at it...I wanted to see this particular vehicle for the color combination, to see if it was what I wanted to order. Anyway, it was, but a promise is a promise, and I have to wait my turn. It is so difficult,
sometimes! But I will be patient, and hope we all get our Enclaves by fall. :angel:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
more like 40-42 weeks... the same amount of time it takes to have a baby... :binky: :comfort: :eek:hno:

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think we are all Enclave addicts. I took a ride to go look at a Red Jewel Enclave Friday that I found in the Locator search just so I could see what mine would look like. ;D

·
Registered
80 Posts
desgnconcpts said:
Took the family to Holland, MI for a few days -- and drove a few miles N to Grand Haven to check out the lakefront, the downtown shops, etc.

So, to remind me of the pain of having to wait, as we strolled down the main street, the last parallel parking spot was taken by a White Diamond CXL loaded with every option. We've seen so few on the road and knowing ours is on order, but still in order limbo at 1100, it was really hard to see it sitting there looking all groovy. So, the 4 of us milled around while hoping that the owner would return so we could ask him/her a few questions about how they liked it, how long they had it -- what was the drive like up from the Chicago area.

Oh yeah, that was the 2nd killer -- it had IL plates on it and a suburban village sticker on the windshield. But after waiting nearly 20 minutes, the owner never showed and we got tired of waiting. My wife asked if those were the wheels I ordered for her Enclave. Why, yes ;D those were the 19" chrome wheels she would be getting! Although we had driven an Enclave several weeks ago, it has been quite some time since we've seen another. So it was both nice and maddening to see this one here -- I could tell my wife and my teenage daughters really want this NOW!

Anyway else have this sort of experience -- Enclave envy?
C'mon Buick, please give my dealer the allocations he needs so you can at least put me in line and build it!
What part of Chicago are you from? Me and the family did a similar trip earlier this year in our Acadia. Great towns and nice drive!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Northwest 'burbs -- and even though the ride was great in its own right in my 2007 Audi A4, I was imagining how much nicer it would have been if we would have found our Enclave and were able to ride out in it. Then when we saw the White Diamond one parked in Grand Haven, it literally stopped all of us in our tracks.

We did see quite a few Acadias while driving and also in Holland and Grand Haven. It always impresses me the support for American cars when I drive out that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts