EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
. So in October 2020 I purchased a 2009 Buick Enclave, $8,300 (cash). Before we got it home, the check engine light came on. As Is right?? So Bank 2 kept showing codes and we kept replacing what it told us to, fuses, spark plugs, etc. December 2020 timing chain goes out... replaced $2,300 at a Buick dealership. (Total invested at this point $13,000). Fast forward 2 months.. mid Feb 2021, there is a Popping noise coming from right front tire. Just a light pop. Thinking control arm, etc. End of March 2020, the engine starts “surging”. We take back to Buick dealership and get this.... bank 2 AGAIN, codes p0300, p0302, p0304, p0306, U100. Cylinders 2,4,6 are misfiring causing the gas to ignite and cause the “popping noise”. But this time it’s NOT timing chain it is “It's missing on cylinders 2, 4, and 6. All on the same side of the engine. The cam bearings aren't lifting and closing the valves all the way. Need a complete new motor. Cost yet to be determined”. It is still at Dealership and they haven’t even taken it apart. WHAT???? Oh my God! This vehicle has 120k miles. Now we have to rent a vehicle for a week vacation next week because the dealership doesn’t offer loaners while you spend thousands getting them to repair your vehicle 😳
I will never own another Buick OR suggest my friends ever own a Buick!!
#BuickEnclave

·
Registered
364 Posts
If you bought it from a dealership I would think there would be some kind of 30 day warranty at least, considering it failed on the way home. The dealership most likely knew about it. What you may consider is put the cheapest used engine in, cut your losses, and get rid of it. I have a 2009 Enclave and worry about the timing chains too - so I change my oil every 3000 miles with full synthetic and hope for the best. But when I can afford to replace it I will buy a Toyota.

·
Registered
376 Posts
A badly maintained Toyota will have similar issues. You can't blame the manufacturer when the car is not taken care of.

·
Registered
364 Posts
But you can blame the manufacturer when you do take care of the vehicle. Case in point - I changed my transmission fluid every 20-25K miles (with 2 drain/refills each time) and I still had the transmission control module fail with the transmission requiring a rebuild at 72K miles, costing me thousands. GM uses cheap parts that fail way too early. Sorry for the rant, but I lived it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well we got the motor replaced and on day of pick up the service manager calls and says “your battery isn’t holding a charge worth a crap. We need to put a new battery in it. $215.” I said “I was not having any trouble with my battery before you having my vehicle for three weeks to replace the motor.” He said “well you are now”. Sooo... they ended up getting another $215 on top of the $5,800. Will never take it back to this Buick service center. 🤦🏻‍♀️

·
Registered
364 Posts
A lot of dealers are rip-off artists. I hope your vehicle is running great after the engine replacement. If it was failing right as you drove it home, didn't the selling dealer give any type of warranty?

·
Registered
376 Posts
The control module can be changed without a rebuild. As I recall, it’s a $700 repair. Not cheap but better than a full rebuild.

But you can blame the manufacturer when you do take care of the vehicle. Case in point - I changed my transmission fluid every 20-25K miles (with 2 drain/refills each time) and I still had the transmission control module fail with the transmission requiring a rebuild at 72K miles, costing me thousands. GM uses cheap parts that fail way too early. Sorry for the rant, but I lived it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts