EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2018, which the rough shifting issue started at 3,000 miles. Wiring harness changes, no improvement. Changed fluid, solved issue, until 25,000. Metal found in fluid, transmission rebuilt. Ran rough for 200 miles then smoothed out. At 29,500 miles rough shifting is back. Going back in. To see what they do this time.
This car is awl. Drive with trailer package.
Had a 2010 Enclave, no issues at all.
Will see what Buick says this time, ready to end this issue. Started looking at. Alternate brands.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have a 2018, which the rough shifting issue started at 3,000 miles. Wiring harness changes, no improvement. Changed fluid, solved issue, until 25,000. Metal found in fluid, transmission rebuilt. Ran rough for 200 miles then smoothed out. At 29,500 miles rough shifting is back. Going back in. To see what they do this time.
This car is awl. Drive with trailer package.
Had a 2010 Enclave, no issues at all.
Will see what Buick says this time, ready to end this issue. Started looking at. Alternate brands.
Did they fix the issue? I have a 2018 Enclave with 31k miles. Driving home and after stopping for red light, went to accelerate from stop and car seemed to do a “neutral drop” (hesitated 1-2 seconds then when rpm’s were up, went into drive). 30 seconds later the transmission light appears on dash and car doesn’t want to go more than 20-25 mph. Nursed it home with flashers on only to find it won’t go in reverse now - only park. Message given cannot do that function as not in alignment. Car was towed to dealer today but no answer on what the issue is!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At 38k miles last fix was to replace torque converter. At this point shifting is working perfectly.
If after 3k additional mile w/1,000 miles pulling trailer with no issue will feel problem has been solved.

·
Registered
63 Posts
At Land Rover, the techs did not perform any internal repairs either, other than the torque converter which contained the control module on the ZF eight speeds. This unit had issues at first release which was not helped by the lack of a dipstick. After many software updates and a few other tweaks, it was finally fairly reliable. I have not been happy with my Enclave's shifting, but will live with it and hope it doesn't give up the ghost.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Before someone reads my last post and says I'm crazy. After reading electbc's post with the link to the GM bulletin I had torque converter on my mind. I meant to say valve body was the only internal part we were allowed to replace under warranty. The valve body also contained the control module. There were some harness issues pertaining to the valve body as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts