EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when you turn the key--- the computer takes over the vehicle starting--
and will crank engine until it starts..
I believe after 9 or 15 seconds of cranking--- it stops... to avoid damaging starter.
This is in the manual.

Also....
at the car wash--- did you use a pressure washer on the engine?
@rbarrios my 2011 Enclave yesterday drove fine in the am to work, but leaving 8 hours later, the car wouldn't turn over. This is different from the last issue you helped me with (that's is now fixed, ie purge valve). This time upon attempting to turn over , the lights and everything comes on, but it does turn over. It gives a whirling sound (maybe like a distant saw being ran) as I'm turning the key. I had checked the battery, that wasn't it. I had to get it towed. I'm being told it could be fuel pump, alternator, starter or relay. Any thoughts? I'll add this to a new post too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What did u come up with?
It was the starter. I did good by NOT CONTINUOUSLY attempting to crank it. The car runs so smooth so if it doesnt start, it just doesnt start. No need to try 5, 10 times.
I had to tow it to a shop (insurance covered that) and the shop charged a hefty fee of about 450.00.
But there is a 2 year warranty on the starter.

Since, I havent had no issues.
1st issue was the purge valve (which i ebay'd a replacement part and went to Jiffy Lube for them to replace, $50). Next was the starter.
Both issues caused the Enclave to not start.
Again, it runs smoothly now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts