EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who contacted Barbara at the Lansing State Journal here's the result published today. Although I had no idea she would feature my story, I hope that in some small way that GM will take seriously the long waits that everyone has been facing. Hopefully this will help send a message and keep that 3rd shift active to reduce the backlog.
At any rate, Enclaveforum.net got a nice plug and it just goes to show you the value of this forum and everyone's contribution.
Nice Job Admin for starting this!

It's interesting how many people are waiting in the pipeline, although quite a bit fewer than last summer! Personally I'm just glad to know that my baby will finally be coming home sometime in January. I hope your wait is short too! :thumb:

http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071220/NEWS03/712200338/1004/news

G

·
Ha! I was just checking my stats and noticed dozens of new visitors from lsj.com - found the article and was just about to mention it here when I saw your post. Thanks for the plug, and more importantly, thanks for sticking it out 158 days to get your Enclave, and taking the initiative to get this story told. Hopefully, your efforts will keep that third shift alive and save someone else down the road from another 158 day wait for their Enclave!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Interesting article. Kudos to you for bringing it to their attention. :thumb: I don't get why they would consider slowing production because demand (might) slow down! :eek:hno: Dummies. Don't they know a good thing when they have it! So Todd, your build date is Jan. 7th? That's CLOSE! I'm willing to bet you'll have your little cocoa sweetness by the week of January 21st. Keep calling them! Remember the squeaky wheel theory. Let us know!

Have you thought of a name yet?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would hope that since the GMC & Saturn lots seem to be overflowing with Acadias & Outlooks, that GM would simply increase the ratio/amount of Enclave production and reduce the others since they are all made in the same plant. Espcially since I just placed order for my Enclave.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Arpadge said:
I would hope that since the GMC & Saturn lots seem to be overflowing with Acadias & Outlooks, that GM would simply increase the ratio/amount of Enclave production and reduce the others since they are all made in the same plant. Espcially since I just placed order for my Enclave.
You would think so but it appears that GM has it's head in the sand (or somewhere else). I was lucky; I had mine in two days less than two months from the day I placed the order and it had 2 items that were on constraint (WDT & Lux Pkg).
The dealer I ordered mine from seldom has more than one Enclave on the lot but probably has 30 or 40 Buick cars.
The Saturn dealer on the other hand always has at least 10 Outlooks and they just sit. If Outlook aren't selling now just wait till the Chevy what ever it's called comes out next year!! The demand for it will probably be off the charts.
Although I'm sure some buyers who wanted an Enclave ended up settling for the Acadia or Outlook I wonder how many ended up with the MDX, MX9, Pilot or Highlander. Kind of ironic isn't it; all foreign name plates and the dealers have loads of them yet it's difficult to buy a Buick. Now that's a switch!!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Arpadge said:
Based on my observations dealers here in MN are far from overflowing with Acadia's. They are definitely easier to find than Enclaves but they are also definitely not sitting around on dealer lots. I have no idea on the Outlooks since they did not interest me and I do not pass by many Saturn dealers. Regardless it would seem that another adjustment to the build mix is in order.

G

·
The Acadia inventory continues to be much shorter than the industry standard (or GMs, for that matter) - in the 30 day supply area vs over 100 days for the Outlook. The relatively small number of Saturn dealerships, lack of bargaining ability (real or perceived) and the high cost - for that brand - have all contributed to slower sales for Outlooks vs the Acadia and Enclave, in my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts