EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enclaveforum.net Members,

It has been an honor to build these online communities from the ground up with you guys and watch them grow into the single best resource for Lambda vehicle information anywhere. I don’t think I could have asked for a better group of members to have on a public forum. Unfortunately, growing responsibilities at work and two growing children that are more and more active with sports and activities every day commands so much of my time lately that these forums no longer get the attention they deserve from me.

To make sure these forums do get the attention needed to keep up with our incredible growth, Enclaveforum.net is now part of the Autoguide.com family of websites. I am confident that they are capable of taking Enclaveforum to the next level.

I want to especially thank the moderating team that over the years have helped create this awesome community. They have volunteered their time above and beyond anything I could have ever hoped for. I’m absolutely confident that our community wouldn’t have existed without them.

I would also like to introduce Marco from Autoguide who will be joining the staff here as an Administrator. He is a motorsports enthusiast who has built a variety of project cars from show to full race.

I will still be available through email and PM for any questions and will still be around as time permits. Thank you again for making Enclaveforum.net the single best resource anywhere for Buick Enclave information!

Sincerely,
Stacy Drennan (admin)

·
Administrator
86 Posts
Hey Guys!

My name is Marco, a forum manager for Autoguide. As per Stacy's statements, I will be taking over as the site administrator to answer all your questions, ideas, site issues, etc regarding enclaveforum.net

Enclaveforum.net is a great addition to our wide span of automotive forum communities. I look forward to get to know you guys better and work together to keep the site growing!

Once again let us all thank Stacy for putting together such an amazing community.

Marco

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Now I know who you are. I have noticed you sneaking in and out around here. ;D

Welcome to our little family! :cheers:

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
:thumb: Please keep the format the same on this forum. It's very user friendly and I would hate to see it go the way of the rest of automotive forums. Also, would be nice if the photo galley were to return. I'm guessing there's no way the photos that were on there can be retrieved.

·
Administrator
86 Posts
Sailfish said:
Now I know who you are. I have noticed you sneaking in and out around here. ;D

Welcome to our little family! :cheers:
Hahaha was it too obvious peaking around with a user name admin2 :facepalm: :happy:

Thank you for the welcome... and you're right with this warm welcome everyone is giving me, it does fit into a family like environment :cheers:

·
Administrator
86 Posts
kidsenclave said:
:thumb: Please keep the format the same on this forum. It's very user friendly and I would hate to see it go the way of the rest of automotive forums. Also, would be nice if the photo galley were to return. I'm guessing there's no way the photos that were on there can be retrieved.
What you see now is what you will get :thumb: The site is working perfectly that way it is now so why should we change that trend? So we love to keep it that way it is as well :)

I will have a look at the gallery and see if I can get it back up for you guys

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
admin2 said:
Hahaha was it too obvious peaking around with a user name admin2 :facepalm: :happy:

Thank you for the welcome... and you're right with this warm welcome everyone is giving me, it does fit into a family like environment :cheers:
LOL I just tend to notice things. It happens since I usually wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep.

I also agree with Kid's, love the forum the way it works now. I first joined the "Saturnfans" forum when I purchased the 03 Saturn VUE and kept using it when I bought the 07 Outlook.

I stumbled across this board back in 2010 and...loving it!

Yea if the photo gallery could be somehow fixed that would be great. I can understand though if the photos can't be retrieved.

So again...WELCOME and have a great time with us.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Props to you Stacy...great job you have done for us Lambda folk. I hope your future endeavors treat you as well as this must have.

I also would like to say a big WELCOME to our new Skipper and of course a thanks for stepping in.

Sadly far too many of these well built and tight communities fail due to admin apathy and disinterest. We build online relation ships and share in our day to day trials all with the backdrop of our shared interest only to loose them one day, all of a sudden......with no explanation. :facepalm:

Cheers guys....this is a great day. :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I back the sentiments of the comments posted regarding this transition, so far. I have posted in the past how much this forum feels like family rather than just another car forum. I am excited about the future direction of this forum, but also a bit nostalgic of its past and of seeing Stacy move on. So, thanks and good luck Stacy, and welcome aboard Marco. :cheers:

·
Administrator
86 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys!

I can see that the forum is very much a tight community and we would like to keep it the way it is and has grown from the past. I look forward to serving and helping you guys as much as I can

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
WELCOME Marco :thumb:

MRBUICK

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Thanks admin (Stacy) for all the help and welcome admin2 (Marco)!

·
Registered
881 Posts
I guess I will not have to leave home for three or four days again. I leave Wednesday morning and come back t his afternoon and everything is just as smooth as
it was before!!!!.

Many, many thanks to Stacy. It has been a tremendous thrill to be a member here for the past two years. Thank you so much.

Marco, from what I see, it is just what we have always seen. So, I think we can rest easy that it will remain a premium site.

Welcome Mario.

Best wishes and Thanks, Stacy.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the support guys! I doubt I'll ever completely go away, but like stealthbob pointed out, many sites start deteriorating once an admin/owner no longer has the time or interest to keep a site up. While I do have the interest, I simply don't have the time to devote to the maintenance and repairs all of my sites needed. I'm very greatful we found a quality partner in Autoguide.com that also saw the amazing potential in keeping these Lambda forums going.

As for the gallery, I'll leave it to Marco and his pros to get things working again. However, I DO have all the pics that were there. I'll work with him to try to get things back, but the best solution may be for him to dump what is there altogether and just start fresh with a better gallery (the one on Acadiaforum.net is much nicer IMO). I can create an external Picasaweb gallery or something and put these pics in, then you guys could pull down anything that you wanted and manually put them into the new gallery. I know that's clunky, but it's better than starting over. And at least that way, nobody would lose any of the photos you had in there.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
I'm not around nearly as much as I used to be but I still like to check in with all the great people here. I know exactly where you're coming from, Stacy. A child started screaming the moment I began this post. ::) Thanks for creating such a wonderful corner of the internet.

And welcome aboard, Marco!

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
We have NOT heard much from admin2 (Marco) in the last 2 years. I can only hope that our moderators are taking good care of things. Nevertheless, it is always good to hear from "upper management".

MRBUICK / Moderator

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
The timing of you post is uncanny. I was just thinking the same thing. My guess is that everything is copacetic.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
The timing of you post is uncanny. I was just thinking the same thing. My guess is that everything is copacetic.
If there were problems, our salary would be cut (from zero to half of zero ;D)

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
:D plus you both know I lurk at all hours and tell you when something is strange, like spammers. :happy:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
For free!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
11 Participants
GoldEnclave
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing