EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While most new cell phones and mobile internet devices can now display websites in their original format, forums like this one are sometimes difficult to read on smaller screens. While certainly not full featured, you can access a mobile-friendly format of this forum on your mobile device by going to:

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?wap2

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Would it be possible to set up a key to create smileys using a mobile phone keyboard? I only know how to make a few of them via the keyboard.

·
Registered
153 Posts
One thing I noticed on my bb is that the links in emails to response posts are not hyperlinked....its not a BB thing because I have it setup to work with other forums..

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm. I'm not exactly sure why that is. The links work in my mail client and on my iPhone. I have a work BB, but it's not set up to read my personal mail. I'll try forwarding one of my forum response emails to my work account and test it out. It should work though. Mail clients generally take ANY url and make them hyperlinks.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
One thing I noticed when using the BB on the mobile forum browser is I can't quote (IE there is no insert quote function).

Otherwise it works fairly well.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I agree that there are a number of limitations and missing functions on the mobile site, at least via my BB. For example, I can not see the post information (such as post or reply date and time); nor can I acquire my outgoing PM's, who's online, photos and attachments. I still find accessing the forum from my BB worthwhile, but it does not compare to the standard site. ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Fellow BB users and Enclave Drivers!!!!! :blob:

·
Registered
153 Posts
More than those stinkin iphone users :) j/k

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I like Verizon's service, so I have opted for the BB Storm. It is a good smartphone, but it is nowhere near as slick as the iPhone 3Gs. I might consider the next generation iPhone if Verizon gets the contract or if AT&T improves its service. If BB improves its touchscreen phones, then I might not need to consider other brands, though.

·
Registered
153 Posts
the storm2 is really really nice...

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Have you used the Storm and the Storm 2 side-by-side, or have you owned both? If so, could you highlight the improvements and differences between them. I have had my Storm (OS 4.7) for about a year, and the recent 5.0 software update was a modest improvement. I wonder if the Storm 2 is sort of a Storm (OS 5.0) with extra memory, or if it is significantly different/better.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My father has the storm1.
Didn't care for it at all.
I downloaded 5.0 for him and wow is it much more responsive.
I have tested the s2 in the store, which is not the same as owning it.
Typing seems to be much improved, i.e. you don't have to wait for one letter to finish before hitting another one.

The original storm had one sensor in the middle. The s2 has four in the corners.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
The Storm's touchscreen qwerty is my biggest disappointment with the phone. If the Storm 2's keyboard is significantly faster and more precise, then it would be worth considering upgrading to it and staying with BB and Verizon. Thanks for your input Cuckoo4Cocoa.

·
Registered
153 Posts
No problem Gold......
I wouldn't order it cold though......

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When will you guys learn, EVERYTHING else is just playing catchup to the iPhone. And will continue to for years :p I'm forced to carry a BB Curve for work and it's a laughable joke compared to my iPhone. Mark my words. There will never. EVER. Be an 'iPhone Killer'

Storm? nope
Palm Pre? LOL Please
Droid? Already losing steam and being replaced by the ...
Nexus One? Android is still a Beta OS, buggy and slow.

:)

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
admin said:
When will you guys learn, EVERYTHING else is just playing catchup to the iPhone. And will continue to for years :p I'm forced to carry a BB Curve for work and it's a laughable joke compared to my iPhone. Mark my words. There will never. EVER. Be an 'iPhone Killer'

Storm? nope
Palm Pre? LOL Please
Droid? Already losing steam and being replaced by the ...
Nexus One? Android is still a Beta OS, buggy and slow.

:)
Nuttin but the truth...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts