EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
only took apple 3 generations to add mms to their device as well as a landscape keyboard :)
I have used palm os, winmobile (pro and standard) and BB.......
BB's will never kill the iphone, but then again, I like being able to customize the UI, change batteries, etc :)

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Cuckoo4Cocoa said:
only took apple 3 generations to add mms to their device as well as a landscape keyboard :)
I have used palm os, winmobile (pro and standard) and BB.......
BB's will never kill the iphone, but then again, I like being able to customize the UI, change batteries, etc :)
For whatever reason, and it's certainly not because they can't do it at launch, Jobs seems to prefer to dole out 'extras' on 'his' schedule rather than laying it all out there at the beginning... I've owned a wide variety of Apple products since they began operations, have a dozen or so collectibles, and that policy has always been pretty much SOP... Don't necessarily agree with rationale, but that's Jobs/Apple...

Customize the UI? I've jailbroken both my iPhone & iTouch & have nearly unlimited ability to change most anything... >:D

Battery change out? It's a bit of a PITA, but I've done it...

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
+1 from here!! iPhone is the best device I've ever owned (and there have been plenty including a couple of BBs!) :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
153 Posts
wait4me said:
For whatever reason, and it's certainly not because they can't do it at launch, Jobs seems to prefer to dole out 'extras' on 'his' schedule rather than laying it all out there at the beginning... I've owned a wide variety of Apple products since they began operations, have a dozen or so collectibles, and that policy has always been pretty much SOP... Don't necessarily agree with rationale, but that's Jobs/Apple...

Customize the UI? I've jailbroken both my iPhone & iTouch & have nearly unlimited ability to change most anything... >:D

Battery change out? It's a bit of a PITA, but I've done it...
True to jailbraking......

but can your iphone do this (please keep in mind this is just for fun.....I am a huge member of crackberry.com and they get testy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_Zdr70annU

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
2MuchCoffee said:
TIME OUT from the battle of the tiny screens… to take a moment to give a shout out to Cuckoo4Cocoa for achieving Full Member status after just five weeks of membership. :cheers: Nice. (Not to be confused with Honorable Guru bsox who got to the 100 mark in just two weeks of membership!) :angel:
Congratulations, that was very quick! Cuckoo4Cocoa, you have already established a fine presence on the forum. :beer:

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Cuckoo4Cocoa said:
True to jailbraking......

but can your iphone do this (please keep in mind this is just for fun.....I am a huge member of crackberry.com and they get testy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_Zdr70annU
Bad things happen to people who frequent Fricker's...

Yes... I have a BB as well - familiar with crackberry.com, but haven't, as of yet, taught BB any new tricks... ;D

And, lemme add my congrats to those of 2Much & Gold regarding attainment of full membership! :cheers:

·
Registered
153 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
Congratulations, that was very quick! Cuckoo4Cocoa, you have already established a fine presence on the forum. :beer:
Thanks!!!!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Mine is jailbroken too. It's SO easy to do (literally 12 seconds by clicking on a button on a website) and opens up worlds of opportunity. There's really nothing any phone can do that you can't do on a jailbroken iPhone. I have multitasking with Palm pre-esque 'Cards' motif, customizable IU, widgets, etc. I have google voice on there and even an app that turns my phone into a wifi hotspot that shares my 3G network data with any wifi device (laptop, ipod touch ,etc).

Here's a pic of my lockscreen and one of my many themes

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
very nice :thumb:

I think we can all agree that there isn't a perfect phone.

I went from palm os, to winmo, to BB and wish I could combine the three platforms :)

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
admin said:
Mine is jailbroken too. It's SO easy to do (literally 12 seconds by clicking on a button on a website) and opens up worlds of opportunity.
Yep, call me lazy... But do you have the URL please? If not, I'll remove my lazy hat and do a search...

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
http://www.blackra1n.com/

Down the file. plug in your iphone, run the patch and click "make it ra1n". your phone will reboot and be jailbroken, then give you the option to download cydia and rock - two new app stores for JB apps.

I'd suggest making a backup in itunes before, just in case you want to unjailbreak someday.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
admin said:
http://www.blackra1n.com/

Down the file. plug in your iphone, run the patch and click "make it ra1n". your phone will reboot and be jailbroken, then give you the option to download cydia and rock - two new app stores for JB apps.

I'd suggest making a backup in itunes before, just in case you want to unjailbreak someday.
And if you want to keep it jailbroke, be careful not to update to new Apple iPhone/Touch software via iTunes immediately upon announcement[/color]...

Cydia & Rock will advise when there is a solution to deal with the new software, or Google 'jailbreak iphone 3.1.3' to stay abreast of the action......

Some, but not all jailbroken iPhones/Touches can now be updated to iPhone OS 3.1.3 courtesy of sn0wbreeze or redsn0w...

BTW, blackra1n, imo, was an exceptionally easy way to break 3.1.2 - some of the others take considerably more effort... :p

·
Registered
153 Posts
I heard that.....
buddy who runs totalsmartphone.net jailbroke his phone and did the update by accident....spent a day or two getting it back on track :mad:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I did the same with my bb two weeks ago...PITA when you miss one step. :banghead:

21 - 36 of 36 Posts