EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spoke to my boss, who is vacationing in Las Vegas, and found out that his rental car is an Enclave. I just asked about the color - it's cocoa. I don't know any other details yet.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I turned in a rental car at Hertz at the Portland OR airport, and someone was returning a white Enclave there.

·
Registered
313 Posts
OK, I'm sure that because of volume purchases and repeat business rental companies get some nice perks, like being in the front of the line for new vehicles, but does anyone else get just a little irked thinking that customers like us are waiting months while Enclaves are being used as rental vehicles?

·
Registered
9 Posts
No! I wish all new cars would be available as rentals, so you could try them out for a day or two or a week and compare different makes/models. 15 minutes test drive is way too short.
A couple of years ago GM ran a similar program in Toronto for certain models. Unfortunately, no more.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got more info on the rental. It was a Cocoa CX with the 7 passenger configuration rented from Hertz in Las Vegas. It had 500 miles on it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had a trip to Chicago (O'Hare) this weekend so I called Hertz to see if an Enclave was available. The corporate number couldn't find them in the national database at all. They suggested I call the local number at the airport. I called. No luck. Not in stock yet.

As I was arriving on the courtesy bus what of course drove out of the Hertz lot? A new Gold Mist Enclave! :banghead:

Greg

·
Registered
147 Posts
I must say that this really bothers both me and my wife. What is GM's deal anyway? I thought they said they were going to cut down on this. I knew they were renting out Acadias and I just saw an Outlook rental yesterday. If they want to pimp Outlooks and even Acadias as rentals then fine. However, I cannot believe that GM seriously wants the Enclave to compete with other luxury vehicles if they continue to allow it to be used as a normal rental car.
And then they wonder why resale value doesn't hold. Sigh.....

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
netmag said:
I must say that this really bothers both me and my wife. What is GM's deal anyway? I thought they said they were going to cut down on this. I knew they were renting out Acadias and I just saw an Outlook rental yesterday. If they want to pimp Outlooks and even Acadias as rentals then fine. However, I cannot believe that GM seriously wants the Enclave to compete with other luxury vehicles if they continue to allow it to be used as a normal rental car.
And then they wonder why resale value doesn't hold. Sigh.....
:ditto: although, i dont really have a prob w/them using as rental cars cause there are quite a few luxury vehicles in the rental car industry but i do have a prob w/the fact that these cars are not in abundance at the dealerships for consumers to purchase not to mention all the consumers still waiting for their orders to arrive. they are mass producing for pga tours, rental companies, etc and tossing 1 or 2 out to the reg consumer between those. im not sure what they are trying to do but imo they got it twisted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts