EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who wishes that the Enclave had a "specific" engine cover that dressed up the engine bay a little more and differentiated it from the Acadia/Outlook. I was thinking something more like Cadillac's V6 Northstar engine cover like in the SRX, with a nice big silver Tri-Shield logo on it. It just is kinda bland the way it is.

·
Registered
259 Posts
...as long as it works... ::)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm surprised there is no light under the hood. Even my 01 Suburban has one...
Does anyone have a light under the hood ?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Any one esle find it odd that the Plastic Grill has not support around the outside frame? Just the brackets. Made me nervous opening it for the first time. I did not want to lift up on the grill.

R

·
0 Posts
this sounds like nit picky list, while were at it, what does it matter, do you flash your engine to every one on the road.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Rollin Thunder + Black Bandit said:
this sounds like nit picky list, while were at it, what does it matter, do you flash your engine to every one on the road.
No, but if it's dark and you need to check your fluid levels it's difficult without the underhood light...

·
Registered
525 Posts
I can't remember a car I've owned without a light under the hood! I really miss this.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would like a light under the hood too! A minor but acceptable complaint I think.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I didn't notice it was missing. ???

R

·
0 Posts
wow it must be buick, im my acadia i had a light, on my yukon i have a light, and the denali has a light. WUTS UP WITH THAT

·
Registered
509 Posts
Underhood lights started disappearing at GM around 2003. We had a 2002 Avalanche with one, as well as lights under the dash and glove box, etc. Then we bought a 2004 Suburban that has no lights in any of those places...because it was a victim of decontenting in 2003. Same thing with even the Corvette.

It's a very common sense usable thing when it comes to underhood, I know, but when it comes right down to it, even a dollar here and there adds up...and they try to only eliminate the least things they can, while still ensuring all the big points are covered and done well.

But as for the original post...yes, a different engine cover could be cool. Granted, as someone said, it's just decoration and few care, but every little extra touch certainly takes the Enclave up another notch or two.

R

·
0 Posts
then why do i have engine lights. i have no glove box light, but i have an engine light, strange. :confused:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Rollin Thunder + Black Bandit said:
then why do i have engine lights. i have no glove box light, but i have an engine light, strange. :confused:
Hmm...what year/model?

At least, after the fact, a lot of vehicles still had the right connections that you could simply buy the light mount and plug it in (Corvette, and I think the big trucks last gen), but it was a decontented feature--the underhood, that is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts