EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two days ago, while waiting for the light to change, the engine light came on :sosad:. The car didn't move when I stepped on the gas. The vehicle completely lost power. I can hear the engine rev up but there was just enough crawl (1 mph) power for me to pull to the side. Turned the engine off, called On-Star. They ran a diagnostic and confirmed my problem. They asked me to turn the ignition off and on, and if I have power back. It felt normal again but the engine light stayed on. They connected me to my service rep and they only asked if I recently put a different gas in it (nope, went and got same type of gas last week from same Chevron). They said to bring it in next day. After two days at the dealer, they said there's a bulletin to clear the codes and to drive the vehicle to see if the problem re-appears. I guess the bulletin states that the solenoid/s are getting stuck in the transmission (I have no clue what this means :-\) and if the the problem re-appears, to open the transmission and further diagnose the problem. They drove it for 50 miles and it didn't come back. So they gave me the vehicle back and said if it happens again, to bring it back. I know a few of us here have had this problem already and been diagnosed as either stuck solenoid or bad O2 sensors (I have no clue what these means either :-\). I have an AWD with 2,500 miles, two months old. Oh by the way, they gave me a rental car from Enterprise. It was a gray standard Enclave CXL. Nice ;D

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Crap! I hope this is an anomaly!! I had a Dodge Intrepid once and it had an "adaptive trans". It would do the same thing some times (7-8 times in all), and you had to pull over and shut engine off, wait 15-30 seconds and re-start!
Worked every time till 15,000 miles and NEVER happened again.

Hope this goes away soon! My wife would freak! I will remind her to press ONSTAR to get a tow/or help.
Tks for "heads up" !!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts