EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 Enclave had a check engine light that became a flashing light and went into low power mode.
A local shop diagnosed it initially as needing a high pressure fuel regulator. I brought it home and replaced the pump myself with a Genuine GM part. The check engine light went off after replacing the pump for about 50 miles and then came back. Engine running a bit rough and clearly missing by ear.

I currently have the following codes: p2097, p0420, p0300, p0301, p0305

I have done the following:

• cleaned MAF sensor with the proper cleaner
  • replaced plugs on the odd number bank
  • swapped coils from cylinder 1 to cylinder 3 (no new misfire on 3)

Im looking for some advice on what to do next. My gut tells me it’s an O2 sensor issue but I’d like some thoughts before I go throwing parts at it. It will start and drive but it is obviously rich by smell.

Thanks!

· Registered
7,125 Posts
Sticky valves due to carbon. Especially along the valves seating.
Try 1 bottle of techron to help with that carbon.

· Registered
7,125 Posts
Double checking... and it was definitely a genuine gm hpfp?
And or the correct part #?

Ive seen comments that aftermarket hpfp flow rate is higher than oem.... and it sends too much fuel.... causing p2097

· Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
973 Posts

You may want to bring it back to the mechanic and have him check the O2 sensors. Better yet, get yourself a Bluetooth scanner for a smartphone and check yourself.

· Registered
4 Posts
My 2011 Enclave had a check engine light that became a flashing light and went into low power mode. A local shop diagnosed it initially as needing a high pressure fuel regulator. I brought it home and replaced the pump myself with a Genuine GM part. The check engine light went off after replacing the pump for about 50 miles and then came back. Engine running a bit rough and clearly missing by ear. I currently have the following codes: p2097, p0420, p0300, p0301, p0305 I have done the following:
Im looking for some advice on what to do next. My gut tells me it’s an O2 sensor issue but I’d like some thoughts before I go throwing parts at it. It will start and drive but it is obviously rich by smell. Thanks!
Looks like ur dumping too much fuel in that bank is it a firect injection?

· Registered
4 Posts
My 2011 Enclave had a check engine light that became a flashing light and went into low power mode.
A local shop diagnosed it initially as needing a high pressure fuel regulator. I brought it home and replaced the pump myself with a Genuine GM part. The check engine light went off after replacing the pump for about 50 miles and then came back. Engine running a bit rough and clearly missing by ear.

I currently have the following codes: p2097, p0420, p0300, p0301, p0305

I have done the following:

Im looking for some advice on what to do next. My gut tells me it’s an O2 sensor issue but I’d like some thoughts before I go throwing parts at it. It will start and drive but it is obviously rich by smell.

Thanks!
Looks like ur dumping too much fuel in that bank is it a firect injection?
and you said they toldthe regulator was bad why did u change the pump ? Im thinking injectors im a tech at a buick in Chicago

· Registered
7,125 Posts
In my case... and may be posters case...
The high pressure fuel pump, is also referred to as a fuel regulator...
Weird.....
But yeah, p codes refer to the fuel regulator.... which confused me.. but looking into stuff... its refering to the darn fuel pump

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update:

Changed spark plugs and while manifold was off cleaned up the intake valves on the odd bank from carbon buildup. If anyone has tips on how to clean the even side valves please let me know…I have to use a mirror just to look in!

Put Techron in the tank and also sprayed carbon cleaner while running through the intake. Cleared the codes with an OBD scanner and drove it. It’s running well but the check engine light came back on so now I’m down to O2 sensors and after that 🤷.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts