EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if I am just blind, don't know how to search, or if it's just too soon for people to consider it, but how about engine mods? Does anyone have any info on whether or not the engine and drive train can take some additional horsepower and if so, what is the weakest link?

I am awaiting delivery and am hoping that this engine will allow for a fairly inexpensive route to at least 300 hp so I don't cry when the direct injected six or the v8 makes its appearance.

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
96 views and nothing? This is quite surprising. I am sure there is someone out there that is familiar with this engine and drivetrain.

R

·
0 Posts
well i would love to get familar with the engine and drive train but I DONT HAVE MINE AS WELL AS 90% OF THE BOARD.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand that few have their enclaves, but was wondering if the some gearheads were familiar with the engine itself.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i would guess since the acadia is the same type engine, to go to there forum for now and get some info .
It seems they been up a little longer and more owners there for now .
i use it to check the tech section for mods

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
ralleyone said:
96 views and nothing? This is quite surprising. I am sure there is someone out there that is familiar with this engine and drivetrain.
I don't know what could be done to the engine but I've used K&N Performance air filters and felt the difference! I checked twice so far and it's not available yet! Gives 5-17 more horse, better mileage too. My friends 4.3 L V-6, GM acted like it was just tuned up with Cayene pepper, when we put one in!

Also I just did my 3rd oil change and went full Syntec (Mobil 1) On my Yukon, it gave 1 mpg better on the highway and maybe a half MPG better around town, but get it for the smooth engine performance and convenience of less oil changes.

I think K&N builds based on demand, so here's the site to yell: We want the Enclave air filter!!! They track demand and will e-mail when available.

http://www.knfilters.com/

Good luck!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Smokin SRX,

Do you have to fill out the questionaire in order to let them know the Enclave is a vehicle of interest?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does anyone know the brand of oil put into the Enclave at the factory? I've been told that it's not good to change brands if you can help it. Also, if you can change brands, is synthetic oil better?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
factory brand? not known. Any oil, meeting the SAE ( Society of Auto Engineers) specs will work . Lubrication is lubrication, brand not truely critical, except Synthetic is a whole different molecule. It is rated much superior for lubricity, heat/cold durability and resistance to acids. (engine gases) Supposedly bonds better to the metal also! (no "dry starts" )
As I mentioned above post, my Yukon got a tiny bit better mileage, and cold start noise reduction!
I do it mainly for [email protected] 7500-9,000 miles or so.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts