EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I’m having an issue with a motor mount. Does anybody have any experience with which brands work well? I’m not seeing reviews on any of them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you narrow it down to the front one? All I can see is the top of it and it’s difficult to tell if it’s moving much. I’ve got a strange sort of vibrating noise coming from the front passenger area. The engine looks to be able to lift up off the mount on the passenger side quite a bit so I’m going to try to replace that one first.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I replaced mine with an Anchor brand aftermarket. Front mount, 30 minute change over in my driveway. So far, no issues with the new one. Got it for $60 CDN on Ebay (partsmonkey), same brand NAPA and other jobbers sell at twice the price.

Side mounts are harder to trouble shoot, front mount can be seen beside the oil filter. Rock the SUV in park (no e-brake on) to see the movement in the mount. Also, as rbarrios mentioned, look for oil as these are hydraulic mounts full of fluid. Mine leaked all over when I removed it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replaced my passenger side mount and the noise went away. I also used Anchor. Anchor must get mounts from several different sources. The first one I got had threads that weren’t formed right so I got a different one. On the next one, the vacuum port was bent so the hose didn’t feel secure when put on. I looked at another one in store and same problem with vacuum port. All in all I looked at 4 different Anchor mounts and everyone of them was different. I ended up using one with a bent port, put a short piece of tubing with a thinner side wall on the nipple and then attached the hose to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Distortlife
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing