EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I have a 2012 that I recently have heard a definite metallic sound, like a clearance issue, is present. It happens when I snap the throttle pedal. I don't give it a lot of movement, just a sudden apply and release. I have not tried to create while the car is in drive and not moving. Is this symptom characteristic of a motor mount or some other component? On another note, I hear a slight knocking noise on normal acceleration that follows the increase in RPM's that sounds similar to piston slap or a connecting rod bearing. Not sure it these two audible symptoms are related. Perhaps the slight knocking sound on normal acceleration is typical of this engine. It has 65K miles on odometer.

Thanks for your insight

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Greetings,
I have a 2012 that I recently have heard a definite metallic sound, like a clearance issue, is present. It happens when I snap the throttle pedal. I don't give it a lot of movement, just a sudden apply and release. I have not tried to create while the car is in drive and not moving. Is this symptom characteristic of a motor mount or some other component? On another note, I hear a slight knocking noise on normal acceleration that follows the increase in RPM's that sounds similar to piston slap or a connecting rod bearing. Not sure it these two audible symptoms are related. Perhaps the slight knocking sound on normal acceleration is typical of this engine. It has 65K miles on odometer.
Update:
The throttle body was the problem. Got a new one from Rock Auto. Easy install. I also noticed a lot of oil in the intake manifold plenum. Dealer said it's normal.!!! Appears that the Enclave doesn't have a good working Positive Crankcase Ventilation system. I researchd he PCV system and there is no PCV valce to regulate the blowby gasses to the intake manifold. Perhaps I need to fabricate a pre-emissions PCV valve system using a Draft Tube system to get the gasses away from the intake manifold and store them in a plastic container like a race car. Cars are such junk today.... like everything else produced. Bean Counters$$$$$$$$$$$(n)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts