EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
My mom has been having some troubles with her 2012 Enclave Premium that she bought new back in May of 2012. My knowledge mainly is with BMWs, but I did my best to try and diagnose the problems she's been having.

The first notable problem is the really terrible rattle that comes from the engine upon start up. It is pretty loud, but does fade away after a little while. The second issue is every now and then the car feels as though it is vibrating, but again this is intermittent. Another issue is, and I just noticed it today, is that it feels like it has lost power when accelerating. The engine doesn't sound normal and there is seemingly less power than usual.

I pulled the codes because the CEL was on, and I got a P0011 and P0016- both of which are related to the camshaft position timing over advanced.

Any idea of what could be wrong would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Had tune-up and transmission service been done? Lost of power can either be an ignition problem or transmission. P0011 and P0016 tells me either a sensor problem, or you may have a stretched timing chain.

Hope these helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Code P0011 came up on my 2008 Buick Enclave Can not locate camshaft position sensor bank 1 any help would be appreciated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts