EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello experts, Recently there was a freon leak issue and my repair person detected leakage at the compressor. He changed the compressor and now when AC is turning on I can feel reduced power and also vibrations in front. When AC is off, everything is normal. One more thing I notice when engine is dealing on parking, the AC does not seems to be cooling , it cools when the vehicle is running.
What can be the issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Make sure you ac condenser is clean. I was just at my ac shop today and it took 20 minutes for them to hose it off with a wand wirh a side facing nozzle. It was filthy and clogged., runs much cooler now, I had a bad fan that wobbled on it a few years ago an everything would vibrate .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Make sure you ac condenser is clean. I was just at my ac shop today and it took 20 minutes for them to hose it off with a wand wirh a side facing nozzle. It was filthy and clogged., runs much cooler now, I had a bad fan that wobbled on it a few years ago an everything would vibrate .
I second cleaning the condensor coils. I use a spray cleaner for home AC units - it is a mild alcohol cleaning and the foam gets into all the small spaces well. Spray off with a gentle spray from the garden hose.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello experts, Recently there was a freon leak issue and my repair person detected leakage at the compressor. He changed the compressor and now when AC is turning on I can feel reduced power and also vibrations in front. When AC is off, everything is normal. One more thing I notice when engine is dealing on parking, the AC does not seems to be cooling , it cools when the vehicle is running.
What can be the issue?
Some reduction in power is normal when the AC compressor engages. It pulls like 3 "available horsepower" away from the engine.
Unusual vibration is often caused by a worn belt (AC or universal), a worn belt tensioner, improperly positioning the AC compressor or loose bolts holding the AC compressor. I would replace the belt 1st and go from there.
Another possibility is a worn Engine Mount. The Enclave has three (3).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts