EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

My wife's 2010 Enclave just threw the P0008 code, I've found some helpful information in the forums regarding this timing chain issue.

However, my wife is determined to keep this car, which now is approaching 190k miles. My thoughts are since this repair is so expensive, and the motor having so many miles on it; I would think I would be better going ahead and rebuilding or replacing the motor.

I've found a couple of places online that actually advertised having this motor refurbished, but I am unfamiliar with these businesses. Are there any reputable vendors that the community would recommend for a crate motor? I live in the Western-Central parts of North Carolina if that helps...

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if a later year motor from a junk yard would work. I don't know when they went to the Direct Injection motor that probably won't work with your current ECM. These all aluminum motors rebuild would have to be done to a high standard. I would think that with 190k miles on your current motor it would be wise to find a low milage replacement. Not sure if Jasper Engines has a replacement for a Enclave. But with so many GM using the 3.6 motors for more than 10yrs they should.

https://www.jasperengines.com/

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
Sorry, I would honestly part ways with it and trade it in on something else. My wife would even agree with me on this at that point.

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
Well the time has come to drop a new to me used engine in my Cherry-Ot. Bought one with 125k miles on it. Shipping it to a Michigan mechanic to pull oldengie, swap timing chains from mine, engine $1,884.00 mechanics quote of $1,000.00 for this. Out the door under $3,000.00 vs. Dealer wanting 8k for aremand. SMH.

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
Just had the engine changed out this past week. Had new timing chains, plugs, coils, AC Compressor put on it. Now needs a new drivers side blend door actuator. That comes in on Wednesday. 7/29/2020.

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
And..... just took it in to Firestone to have tire balance, rotation, alignment done and found out.... rotors and pads need replaced. Done, $802.57.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts